Respected Contributor

Re: Is This Your Local Post Office?

Yes it is.  It will be well into January before that is cleared out.

Honored Contributor

If you look at that photo though, everything appears to be sorted and in big boxes just waiting to be loaded onto trucks for delivery. Chances are that same room would have looked empty after the trucks were all loaded.  

Locally our mail trucks go back and forth to the post office several times in the course of a day reloading for more deliveries. It might be time to upsize mail trucks to something more like a UPS truck.

My post office delivered a package to me on Sunday and were convinced until yesterday that it was coming on Wednesday even though they had already delivered it on Sunday. I've got another order scheduled for delivery on Saturday, but I'll have to see when it comes. I expect it to be here on Saturday, but we'll find out.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

This was in the email I received from USPS today.

usps.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Caffeina 

Yep, I just got that too.  Instead of my usual Informed Delivery email.

Esteemed Contributor

With all the online shopping we have pushed all systems to their limits.  It didn't used to be like this when we were able to go in person for shopping.  

Honored Contributor

OMG! Thats amazing! In our city areas are divided into many different substations...For example, there's 3 substations within an 8 mile radius...so maybe its not as bad as pictured...keeping my fingers crossed ......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

And it will look just the same tomorrow or even worse. I don't know how they do it.

Honored Contributor

Regardless of how big or small your local post office is, the mail and packages don't go directly from the sender to your tiny post office.  They have to go through various hubs which could look like these pictures or even worse.

My friend has been checking tracking on packages she is waiting for and they've been sitting at one location since December 3rd.   

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Aye Yai Yai!

tenor.gif

Honored Contributor

My letter carrier delivered mail this morning in a bad snowstorm. And he has been doing a great job during the pandemic. I'm grateful.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"