Respected Contributor

If you don't have an Amex Card? 

Honored Contributor

That's a good question. I do have an Amex card, which comps customers, and I love when I find that a site from which I want to purchase has SR. It's been invaluable for me on fragrancenet (or maybe it's unduly encouraged me Smiley Wink).

That said, I'm not sure I would pay a fee for it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Re: Is Shoprunner worth it

[ Edited ]

For the first time a Shoprunner ad popped up on another shopping site offering the service for free but it wasn't through AMEX, so i didn't trust it.  Also, I shop at the eddie bauer website frequently and never got a popup there and yet that is one of Shoprunner's vendors/clients or whatever they call it but I guess I am not familiar enough to know how this service works. 

I already pay $99 per year for Amazon Prime but stopped ordering there due to nutty 3rd party vendors who were not reliable and i'm not using their services for anything else to make it worth it so was thinking of getting a refund for the remainder of the year and trying shoprunner. 

Esteemed Contributor

@truffle wrote:

For the first time a Shoprunner ad popped up on another shopping site offering the service for free but it wasn't through AMEX, so i didn't trust it.  Also, I shop at the eddie bauer website frequently and never got a popup there and yet that is one of Shoprunner's vendors/clients or whatever they call it but I guess I am not familiar enough to know how this service works. 

I already pay $99 per year for Amazon Prime but stopped ordering there due to nutty 3rd party vendors who were not reliable and i'm not using their services for anything else to make it worth it so was thinking of getting a refund for the remainder of the year and trying shoprunner. 

@truffle, don't shop the vendors unless Amazon fufills your order.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

I get it for free with AmEx. I have only ordered clothing, great for that because of the free returns. It really irks me to pay to try on clothing. Once I got the cutest red Kate Spade bag at a steal price, thought I might have to return it so it was great for that too. 

I don't think I would pay for it, maybe only as an alternative to Prime. I do also have Prime and have yet to question paying for that. I love the variety and speed and perks. For me it has paid for itself over and over again.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"