Esteemed Contributor

Target Hatch & Grow Easter Eggs with model number 234-25-1200 are recalled.

Target Hatch & Grow Easter Eggs with model number 234-25-1200 are recalled.

The retailer Target is recalling more than 560,000 water-absorbing Easter egg and dinosaur toys due to a "serious ingestion hazard," the US Consumer Product Safety Commission said Thursday. The recalled products include Hatch & Grow Easter Eggs, Easter Grow Toys and Hatch Your Own Dino Egg products.

If swallowed, the toy can expand inside a child's body and cause "intestinal obstructions, resulting in severe discomfort, vomiting, dehydration, and could be life threatening," according to the announcement. Surgery is required to remove the toy, the release said.

The toys were sold in Target stores nationwide from February through March for $1.
*Call Tyrone*
Regular Contributor

Thanks for posting @itiswhatitis!

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis@That is frightening.I didn't see anything about that on my news channel.I am praying that no children will be injured by this.

Respected Contributor

I guess the fact that the toys are packed in eggs is the concern....I used to buy the actual toys sold in gumball machines when my kids were little....I wonder if they no post safety information on vending machines.....

Poodlepet2

Esteemed Contributor
Honored Contributor

Serious hazard-but those types of "grow" kits have been around for years.  I remember them even way back when my son was young.

It's good that the recall took place but I wonder why this type of toy is just now being looked at for potential danger.

Hopefully no child was harmed.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis thanks for getting back to me on that..sorry it took me down long to get back to you.I didn't buy anything other than chocolate for the baskets I donate thanks to your warning.