Honored Contributor

Re: Is QVC main channel no longer 24/7 live?

@AuntG wrote:

It is not and I've been trying to post my dissatisfaction on nearly every post on this subject. I think QVC is a failing network as evidenced by the repetition of the same old products.

@AuntG 

I still don't understand why they think they need three channels.  What for?  Reruns?  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Sign of the times, shifting shopping patterns.  Personally I don't watch live even in the daytime. It would seem there would be fewer viewers in the late hours of the evening into the morning.  Might be a better model for them and be more cost effective.  

Just so you  know I am an Amazon shopper.  Easier, free shipping over $25 dollars even without Prime.  Cannot beat that. NO way to touch the product in either case so why not spend less time shopping with a faster turnaround.  I imagine they will remove THIS post. LOL

Super Contributor

Desperation move.  I guess it is easier than improving shipping times and costs and seeking out unique items and vendors.  It is mostly one big infomercial anyway.  Even when it is “live” it is the same ****** repeated over and over again, so in that light it makes sense to just show hours of one host pushing a Keurig, MyPillow, or Dooney.  What attracted me to TV shopping years ago is pretty much gone.  QVC employs an awful lot of hosts for 75% of their airtime {across all 3 channels} being repeats.

Contributor

I watched Mary Beth with the Christmas stuff last night and at the end she laughed and said "Merry gifts" is up next!!!!  It was a rerun of the show she just did!  I think the hosts are loving it - frankly I would too!  But, different hosts present the products differently and that can make all the difference in the world for purchasing something - for example - the older hostesses show swatches of color of makeup whereas the newer ones could care less!  And looking at those swatches on the arm helps me to decide!  I could see though where there is limited audience from midnight to 6am so why should somebody have to be on?  A rerun is sufficient!  But, we are so used to live QVC that it is a change!  We'll just see where this goes like all the other changes QVC has made through the years - thankfullly not a lot though!

Honored Contributor

That's right, there are now reruns of the TSV, that means no more long over nights for the vendors. When you think of it, it's a money saving proposition for all involved.

Occasional Contributor

Bad idea! May as well watch infomercials!
Super Contributor

i hate the reruns. qvc has q2 and q3 both running reruns too. it's ridiculous. if they want to save money get rid of those channels. i watch between the hours of 2am to 7am. i want the qvc main channel to be on 24/7. i have been a customer for 30 years. i am very, very unhappy by these changes.

Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

That's right, there are now reruns of the TSV, that means no more long over nights for the vendors. When you think of it, it's a money saving proposition for all involved.

This isn't necessarily true if sales revenue overall doesn't match the purported cost savings.  Only the real numbers will tell the true story and none of us here will ever know the actual impact, be it positive or negative.  Everything being said about this is supposition on all our parts.

Regular Contributor

It’s terrible. I sometimes can’t sleep so I go shopping. Well I did in the past. Now I’m seeing the TSV over and over again
Seriously QVC??? Will you go back to LIVE please especially since the holidays are coming up. STOP being cheap not wanting to pay show hosts that’s what it seems like to me
Margaret
Super Contributor

I have NEVER turned QVC on at 2 a.m. - 8 a.m....but sleeping eight hours ... isn't this the norm?       For those who can't sleep, haven't you heard that "Blue Light" causes sleep disruption, so turn off TV, cells, and I-Pads~!   Those working odd hours might be Q's target audience but does it really justify having live graveyard shift programming.