Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is It Safe To Buy From Etsy

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2, I ordered from Babyandmomly and OhKateDesignStudio.  Some have pockets for filters; some don't.  Be sure to check the delivery date and S and H though.  Some have outrageous shipping charges; some places won't deliver 'til May.

Not sure how to filter just USA. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh. Did you notice bagsbyapril is selling masks now too? I like that hers tie so they'll fit everyone and I'm sure they are well made. She even says if you have a favorite fabric of hers to request it for a mask and she'll see if she has it to use.
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

I ordered some masks from a couple of different vendors the end of last week and I've already gotten them.  I use PayPal. 

@Wsmom could you share where you bought the masks from? I was scrolling through and a lot of them are trying to keep up with demand so they're not shipping right away. Also is there some way to only bring up vendors in the USA, I don't want to deal with foreign countries?

@Jordan2 - check out themagicspool. I have ordered from them many times, including masks. They ship very quickly. They are located in CS. I have no affiliation with them. I'm just a shopper. They keep restocking the masks.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I don't know how much masks are supposed to come but I paid $10 for mine. 

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@Jordan2, I ordered from Babyandmomly and OhKateDesignStudio.  Some have pockets for filters; some don't.  Be sure to check the delivery date and S and H though.  Some have outrageous shipping charges; some places won't deliver 'til May.

@Wsmom maybe this is a stupid question, but what exactly is a filter, where do you get it, and do you really need it?

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

@Wsmom maybe this is a stupid question, but what exactly is a filter, where do you get it, and do you really need it?

@Jordan2 - I folded up two tissues to put in my mask today.  The filter goes behind the mask.  So today for me, it was mask, and the Kleenex behind it, resting against my nose and mouth.  some masks have a little pocket for you to tuck a filter in. Some don't. Mine do not but the Kleenex sat in there fine. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

You can use a paper towel and even furnace filter material as a filter.

Speaking of masks, I was going to buy one from bagsbyapril since now we are supposed to wear them but knew I had an old box of them somewhere that I bought several years ago when I had an issue in my attic. I finally found the box today, which I'd purchased at a medical supply store, and was shocked to see they are N95 (no longer sterile though).