Valued Contributor

Re: Is It Safe To Buy From Etsy

I have purchased things from Etsy and it's been fine.  I always check seller's reviews.

Valued Contributor

I trust Etsy far more than I do Ebay. I shop there all the time and all the shop owners I have dealt with have been super nice and accomodating.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Esteemed Contributor

I ordered some masks from a couple of different vendors the end of last week and I've already gotten them.  I use PayPal. 

Trusted Contributor

I would just skip past those sellers that are out of the country. If you keep scrolling you will see many sellers in state. I have bought so many things over the years from Etsy and never had any problems. 

Honored Contributor

I have bought from Etsy for years. ,one of my daughters has sold as well bought tons of stuff.  One of my granddaughter, the entrepreneur, was selling friendship bracelets  and anime' idrawimgs when she was 12!  She is second year of college now   It is like a home boutique.  There are 2.vemdors  I have bought dish towels from for the last 7 years.  They are still there!   That says a lot.  It does support home business, and many women small business.ventures.  I have bought designer vintage sunglasses, linens, vintage dishware, earrings, a couple antique items.  
I would trust them.  I do  look to see reviews on vendor, and how long they have been selling on Etsy.   

Honored Contributor

I have ordered from Etsy for many years without a problem.  I have ordered from the UK maybe one time.  It did take a while to receive the item.

When you search for three-ply face masks, look at the left hand column.  Scroll down and check U.S. Only.  When you decide on a mask read everything carefully, especially about delivery time.  Then read the reviews.  You shouldn't have a problem.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

I ordered some masks from a couple of different vendors the end of last week and I've already gotten them.  I use PayPal. 

@Wsmom could you share where you bought the masks from? I was scrolling through and a lot of them are trying to keep up with demand so they're not shipping right away. Also is there some way to only bring up vendors in the USA, I don't want to deal with foreign countries?

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Since you don't know if the seller has COVID-19, it's best to presume it's not safe.  On receiving your purchase, take care to discard the packaging, then launder or wipe-down.

@ValuSkr As you would from a package purchased anywhere online.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, just wash them in soap and water and dryer, if applicable before you wear them and between wearings.  The virus has a very short life on cloth. 

Super Contributor

I have ordered from Etsy for years and have only had 1 problem.  As far as the masks go, I think it is a shame that everyone is jumping on the bandwagon and selling them for so much money.  I live in western NY and in my town everyone is making them and giving them away to people who need them.  You can always look on you tube and see how to make them, even without a sewing machine.