Regular Contributor

Re: Is Anyone Interested In The Lenox TSV?

On 3/18/2015 NoelSeven said:
On 3/18/2015 inallsincerity said:

I have different dishes, love my Polish Stoneware best, and the colors I've collected with Fiestaware, but I've looked at the Meadow Lenox pattern for a couple of years now, it's so different from what I have.

It's all so light and pretty, even the shape of them. I am so tempted Smile It would be nice for Spring and Summer use.

I have Lapis, Sunflower, and White Fiestaware. I think this would have fit in nicely to mix and match for spring.

You're right! I hadn't thought of that Smile I also have white Fiesta and an earlier, lighter color yellow from some years ago, and I bought the Lapis when it first came out. The Lapis is perfect to mix in with Polish Stoneware, and it breaks up the floral patterns in a nice way.

Thank you for the idea!

I'll bet it will look perfect!

Respected Contributor

I bought a set at TJ max three years ago and love it. They sale it separately which I prefer. We used it last night with our Irish dinner!
Honored Contributor

On 3/18/2015 Ford1224 said:

I think it's beautiful . . . but totally inappropriate for my lifestyle. Maybe 40 years ago.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

You know, one thing I was thinking about is that this set must be light weight compared to my sturdy Polish Stoneware and Fiestaware, all heavy.

That could be a bonus for those of us that get problem hands.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

I have different dishes, love my Polish Stoneware best, and the colors I've collected with Fiestaware, but I've looked at the Meadow Lenox pattern for a couple of years now, it's so different from what I have.

It's all so light and pretty, even the shape of them. I am so tempted Smile It would be nice for Spring and Summer use.

I have Lapis, Sunflower, and White Fiestaware. I think this would have fit in nicely to mix and match for spring.

You're right! I hadn't thought of that Smile I also have white Fiesta and an earlier, lighter color yellow from some years ago, and I bought the Lapis when it first came out. The Lapis is perfect to mix in with Polish Stoneware, and it breaks up the floral patterns in a nice way.

Thank you for the idea!

I like it! I just needed a little encouragement {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

BTW, I see you have a talent with decorating, very nice!

Honored Contributor

On 3/18/2015 serenna said: I bought a set at TJ max three years ago and love it. They sale it separately which I prefer. We used it last night with our Irish dinner!

Hi serenna, it's nice seeing you around here more often Smile

Did you make corned beef last night? We had it the night before so our daughter could be with us.

Regular Contributor

Thank you for the idea!

I like it! I just needed a little encouragement {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

BTW, I see you have a talent with decorating, very nice!

I don't know about that, but thanks for the compliment. Villeroy and Boch has a nice floral pattern that would look nice for spring too.

Respected Contributor

Hi Noel, yes it was delicious. I cooked it in the slow cooker adding a bottle of beer, best it ever turned out.
Honored Contributor

On 3/18/2015 Ford1224 said:

I think it's beautiful . . . but totally inappropriate for my lifestyle. Maybe 40 years ago.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

You know, one thing I was thinking about is that this set must be light weight compared to my sturdy Polish Stoneware and Fiestaware, all heavy.

That could be a bonus for those of us that get problem hands.

Back in the eighties, when I had a "significant other," I used to make huge meals every Sunday. I was a really good cook in my time, and everyone would come. I had sometimes 24 people sitting around my table (a really beautiful, huge teak table that came with two huge leaves).

This set (or probably four sets of them) would have been beautiful then. I do have a tiny Lenox bowl in the same traditional (not the blue) butterfly pattern that was given to me when I was married. I keep it in my buffet. It is so fragile, and I am so happy it has not broken with all the moves I've made.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

On 3/18/2015 serenna said: I bought a set at TJ max three years ago and love it. They sale it separately which I prefer. We used it last night with our Irish dinner!

I don't own the set but I do adore the pattern! Haven't purchased it because I prefer white dinner plates. I do own this cookie jar which matches the set.

Honored Contributor

On 3/18/2015 serenna said: Hi Noel, yes it was delicious. I cooked it in the slow cooker adding a bottle of beer, best it ever turned out.

serenna, I kept reading that the slow cooker made the best corned beef, so I tried it for the first time, and I agree, itt was great.