Esteemed Contributor

Irma and Florida

[ Edited ]

Irma.jpg

Yes, we are scared!

Our ground is already saturated.  Where will the water go???

Honored Contributor

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.  We have family and friends from the Keys up.  I'm so afraid for all of you.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

Be assured..........Praying for everyone!!

Honored Contributor

So sorry for all Floridians.  Woman SadHeart

We have quite a few posters from Florida and I hope they know how much care and concern there is for them on this forum.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Texas is praying so very hard for Florida. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Everyone in the path of Irma,

Image result for keeping you in our thoughts and prayers images

Honored Contributor

I am going to yell at my Georgia peeps NOW since we are probably next up.  

This storm is more than likely going to affect our state in some way shape or form just based on its size alone.  Most of us probably won't be directly hit or as severely hit as Florida but you don't need to be.  

Take it from a 60 miles inland Andrew survivor who watched roofs go and transformers blow and had no store around me open for the better part of a week afterwards.  And that was a Category 2, maybe only a strong 1 when it hit my area.

Do the smart thing and get your gas now, your extra food now, and then watch the grocery store entertainment this weekend from the comfort of your prepped home.  I'd lay real money at this point based on forecasts that they are going to say with certainty in the next few days, yep, it's coming, not as intense here, but it's coming.     

It's not like you'll never use the extra gas and food in your car and home if the storm does take a last minute dodge.  Just do it!  

Respected Contributor

Those who have experienced these storms are probably prepared. We are. If we get orders to evacuate, we have haven at our older son's place in VA. The problem is, hope we get enough advanced warning. Otherwise, and I think this will happen, we will close up the house shutters and hunker down until it has passed. We wish all our Florida neighbors good fortune in the next few days.

Esteemed Contributor

Sending Floridian prayers from Texas. Please evacuate, material things can be replaced, people and fur babies can't. 

Honored Contributor

I wonder if HSN (St. Petersburg) will run with live programming during the storm.