Honored Contributor

They still don't know for sure of the path. I just heard them say earlier it could go east of Fl. Keep praying that's what it does.

I have 2 sisters in Jax, my dad is in SC & relatives in Ga.

Honored Contributor

Let's pray that Irma turns and goes back to sea.  We surely do not need another evacuation, flooding, etc.  My thoughts and prayers are with the people of Florida and the east coast.  IRMA, GO AWAY!!!    Cat Mad

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

I am going to yell at my Georgia peeps NOW since we are probably next up.  

This storm is more than likely going to affect our state in some way shape or form just based on its size alone.  Most of us probably won't be directly hit or as severely hit as Florida but you don't need to be.  

Take it from a 60 miles inland Andrew survivor who watched roofs go and transformers blow and had no store around me open for the better part of a week afterwards.  And that was a Category 2, maybe only a strong 1 when it hit my area.

Do the smart thing and get your gas now, your extra food now, and then watch the grocery store entertainment this weekend from the comfort of your prepped home.  I'd lay real money at this point based on forecasts that they are going to say with certainty in the next few days, yep, it's coming, not as intense here, but it's coming.     

It's not like you'll never use the extra gas and food in your car and home if the storm does take a last minute dodge.  Just do it!  

@Laura14  I just started a new thread..."HU..." which shows the brand new forecasted path...HTH Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@StylishLady, we were going to Va....DH has to stay here-DS too. I just couldn't bear to be separated....and then DS started riding me about three women and four dogs-what would we do if we got caught without gas....? I was in a fugue state yesterday-high anxiety. After listening to DS, I decided to stay...

Thankfully CEOs have offered to put us up in a secure building with generators-and we can bring our furbabies!

Now I can think straight....I didn't realize how much anxiety I had over being separated from DH....and if I go into A-Fib, help will be there.....I couldn't ask for more!

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

PS-as if they can afford to do it, G+d bless them-Texas is sending help along with Louisiana and states to the north....wow...

Keeping the whole West in prayers as well....

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

If you are in an evacuation area do not wait to get out. This means all residents, what don't people understand?

Esteemed Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

If you are in an evacuation area do not wait to get out. This means all residents, what don't people understand?

A big part of the problem is that many residents DO understand what it means to evacuate.  The protocols are in place for people to leave but it sometimes takes weeks before they are allowed to return so many that have experienced the aftermath of evacuations now refuse to go.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

Irma.jpg

Yes, we are scared!

Our ground is already saturated.  Where will the water go???

Prayers are with you.  I have been watching.  Your Governor seems to have it together.  Hopefully everyone will listen to him.  There was a lady on the beach this morning with her daughter.  I could not believe that.  Hope she will get out. 

Esteemed Contributor

I hope it makes a sharp right turn....such a scary storm

Honored Contributor

Praying for everyone -- Florida, all east coast residents in Irma's path!

My neice and her family are in Jacksonville.