Honored Contributor

Re: IrishGirl ~ To Continue.......

On 4/13/2014 SydneyH said:
On 4/13/2014 NoelSeven said:

Sydney, what's this! I'm sorry to read that you're sick.

Are you on antibiotics? (referring to your white blood cells)

Is there someone to help you with the kids and all?

Oddly enough, only the teen is acting like I should be making steak diane every night when I am supposed to be in bed. I don't know if he's obtuse or simply frightened. I keep telling him I will be fine but he needs to fix his own meals for awhile and watch his sibling. No meds yet, but I'm about to request some to keep whatever this is at bay. I think I may have even passed out while doing laundry in my room. I remember folding the clothes, putting them in piles..........then I woke up and I was on top of the clothes. I have no idea how much time elapsed, but I doubt I decided to take a nap that way.

Maybe he's scared, Sydney. Maybe his dad can have a talk with him.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

On 4/13/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:

LOL! Denial stage, I love it. I can just picture you waking up on a big pile of laundry, like what happened? Sometimes you don't know they you have passed out because you have no memory of feeling lightheaded or funny. Anyway, I am glad you are out of denial stage and feeling a little better. Please keep us posted ma'am!

It would have been hilarious except I was lying on an exposed zipper of some jeans and it was imprinted on my cheek for hours, which could mean I was in that position for over 30 minutes. I promise to do what I'm supposed to and will report back later.

Honored Contributor

Both my husband and I have had kidney stones, there was no difference with our white cells.

Or did I miss the connection?

There was a connection of my husband's white cell count to the kidney infection and his stones.
Esteemed Contributor

Both my husband and I have had kidney stones, there was no difference with our white cells.

I have read that there can be a rise in the WBC caused by inflammation accompanying the presence and passage of a stone. I don't know if that was the case for Tansy.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

I have read that there can be a rise in the WBC caused by inflammation accompanying the presence and passage of a stone. I don't know if that was the case for Tansy.

I answered above but mentioned this to Sydney because he also thought he had a bad case of food poisoning a week before the stones were detected. For what it's worth.
Honored Contributor

On 4/13/2014 tansy said:

I answered above but mentioned this to Sydney because he also thought he had a bad case of food poisoning a week before the stones were detected. For what it's worth.

Was he in pain then, tansy? Kidney stone pain can cause vomiting. I hope he doesn't get any more.

Honored Contributor

Thanks Irsh! Smile

Honored Contributor

Yes, he was in pain but not to the extent that many people suffer with stones. He went in for surgery when the stones wouldn't pass with meds. The doctor isn't too concerned that he will develop more because of his age when these developed. He does drink water more often though as a precaution.
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks Irsh! Smile

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

Sydney, please take care of yourself. Let us know what happens, please. I feel awful for you;(