Trusted Contributor

Re: Invisible weaving also called French weaving

This board is a tremendous resource! 

I thought of checking Etsy, I used them to find someone to replace/repair/make a specialized flower pot for me and just today finalized a purchase for a metal piece of wall art that I want made. That place is so special, but I always check their references before investing my dollars. They've never left me down yet.

Lynn-Critter Lover!
(especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@gellen   If you were checking online, good luck w/that.  You're going to need a good pair of shoes or let Septa do the riding in order to find one.

In Philly it's called "invisible mending."  They can be found in taylor shops & cleaners.  Start by calling around your neighborhood taylor shops & cleaners.  They can also recommend one if your local ones do not have one.

There use to be one at the Italian Market.  Unknown if he is still there.  He's probably dead by now.  Maybe a family member has taken over.  The real good ones are generational invisible menders, passed down from father to son.

I've never seen a female invisible mender.

Also, check out South St.

Good luck!

@Mz iMac  Is Fabric Row still there?  My grandfather opened his own tailoring business back in the 30's on Front St.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm   YUP!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee 

175,804 Thank You Flowers Images, Stock Photos & Vectors ...

Honored Contributor

OMGosh that bouquet is so pretty!  @alliswell 

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@gellen   If you were checking online, good luck w/that.  You're going to need a good pair of shoes or let Septa do the riding in order to find one.

In Philly it's called "invisible mending."  They can be found in taylor shops & cleaners.  Start by calling around your neighborhood taylor shops & cleaners.  They can also recommend one if your local ones do not have one.

There use to be one at the Italian Market.  Unknown if he is still there.  He's probably dead by now.  Maybe a family member has taken over.  The real good ones are generational invisible menders, passed down from father to son.

I've never seen a female invisible mender.

Also, check out South St.

Good luck!

@Mz iMac,When I purchased my first house my elderly neighbor did this. She was amazing. You could not tell where the hole or injury was after she worked on a garment.

Esteemed Contributor

@gellen - Don't know how far you are from Pennington, NJ but there are two yarn shops there. One is on Tree Farm Rd the other is on Main St.