Valued Contributor

What does it feel like?  I always hear about following your intuition or listening to it.  But mine must be broke.  I don't seem to be able to access mine.  I'm a very cerebral person, and often just go by logic or plans.  Does it feel like a fearful feeling or an uncomfortable feeling?  Like don't do that or something bad will happen?  Because I have had those feelings about situations.       

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Respected Contributor

Yes - just like that - a fearful or uncomfortable feeling about a person or situation.  That something is telling you to not do something.  Oprah always said to never ignore it - it could save you life. She did a show on it with examples of how it did save people's lives.  

Respected Contributor

@Northray wrote:

What does it feel like?  I always hear about following your intuition or listening to it.  But mine must be broke.  I don't seem to be able to access mine.  I'm a very cerebral person, and often just go by logic or plans.  Does it feel like a fearful feeling or an uncomfortable feeling?  Like don't do that or something bad will happen?  Because I have had those feelings about situations.       

You're talking about two different things. 

Following your gut is more like a knowing in a way. Like when you listen to a debate or news conference and can sense that the person is lying.

As to the situations - that's a warning. 

How it feels - not uncomfortable unless urgent enough to need to get your attention.

I've heard there are ways to get more in touch with your intuition but nothing is coming to mind right now. Maybe others here can help with that.

Hope this helps.

Esteemed Contributor

@Northray 

As far as the word you chose to use, intuition, I can't add anything to help you. 

My main concerns for many decades have been my Physical Health/Physical Fitness, and Mental Health. I have placed enough focus, on all of the above, to be able to read and/or understand what they(body/mind) are telling me.

It is not intuition, for me the words are, knowledge and personal experiences. Saying that, I cannot relate in any way to the word intuition. Just not a word I use in my vocabulary.

hckynut(john)🥅🏒 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

My intuition kicks in when I am about to do something or make a decision. It is a nagging feeling that whatever is about to be done is the wrong thing to do. I do not have positive intuition moments of which I am aware. The positive must be that I do not get a negative doubt, so I move ahead with plans.

Honored Contributor

It's often a feeling that, based on facts and circumstances, something just isn't right or is "off", and you should avoid it or proceed with caution.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

My BIL was having an affair - almost leading a second life. All the signs were there. 

Respected Contributor

With me intuition is an uneasy feeling that something bad is going to happen.  An example is that one night I could not get a good night's sleep.  I was agitated and was constantly tossing and turning.  The following morning at work my purse was stolen out of my desk while I stepped out to go to the bathroom.  For me intuition is something bad that is going to happen but you don't know exaclty what is going to happen.

Respected Contributor

For me, it's not necessarily an uneasy feeling -  although it can be, but it's just like, a fast flash thought out of nowhere, sometimes like "beware" type of feeing or just "knowing' in advance.

Honored Contributor

Or, it could be T

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan