Honored Contributor

My tea is steeping, and I really liked this as a movie, and just realized this book is what the movie was about. It'll be better to read it since, I haven't seen the movie in some time.

Do you know this movie or have you read this book? I'm going snuggle in and get to it. Getting in the mood to read now. This weekend will be a good one to read around here. Been saving them for a snowy day. I love to read, been to busy up until now and now I'm in the mood.

Hope you all have a good book or two for the weekend.

Valued Contributor
I haven't read it yet even though Jon Krakauer is one of my favorite authors (have you read his Everest book?). Just wanted to let you know that Chris McCandless' sister just wrote a follow-up to Into The Wild which explains a lot more about why Chris may have done what he did. Her name is Carine McCandless and the name of the book has just escaped me! It is something like Into the Truth...if you search her name you will find it. It is meant as a supplement to Krakauer's book, not a refutation. Happy Reading!
Honored Contributor

If it's Jon Krakauer's "Into the Wild" I loved the book. Even better is his "Into Thin Air." He's a wonderful journalist, gifted writer and chooses his material well. Enjoy the book!!!! Do you have a fireplace to read by? Perfect book and it will hold your attention. I didn't even know it was a movie but not sure I want to see it because the book is so wonderful.

Valued Contributor
Just looked it up. Carine McCandless' book is called ""The Wild Truth""
Respected Contributor
On 2/13/2015 LoriLori said:

If it's Jon Krakauer's "Into the Wild" I loved the book. Even better is his "Into Thin Air." He's a wonderful journalist, gifted writer and chooses his material well. Enjoy the book!!!! Do you have a fireplace to read by? Perfect book and it will hold your attention. I didn't even know it was a movie but not sure I want to see it because the book is so wonderful.

LoriLori I couldn't agree more! I read both books years ago and loved them both! I think a movie would ruin it for me, too! I highly recommend both books!

Honored Contributor

Thanks ladies, I'm going to make a note of these and I will definitely check those out. Thank you so much!