Honored Contributor

29 days with no internet from an outage. Att DSL internet. Their commercials mention RELIABILITY.  Pages are loading slowly and require reloading. Of course I’ll speak with billing about credit for the days out. I’m greatful to their hard working service crew for fixing the problem as well, but I’m switching. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Internet back up, finally

ATT is trying to move customers from DSL to digital.  We lose service at twice a year.

Esteemed Contributor

I have painfully slow DSL service provided by a company that does not care to do any upgrades or to truly fix infrastructural shortcomings.  They have no real competition so subscribers are at their mercy.

Unless I go with satellite at my physical location there are no viable options for Internet service.  Cable is available but it is more expensive and every bit as bad as the DSL service.

Fiber optic upgrades have been promised for years but the promises are empty lip service.  Pretty much we can take it and have something or leave and have nothing, at least not anything affordable.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

WOW!! Talk about going back to the dark ages!  Most people today cannot seem to be off their Internet for a few hours!!

Honored Contributor

This is all foreign to me.  I would be in trouble if we lost internet for just  one day.  I work from home and I wouldn't be able to work.  Our bedroom TV and the TV in our family room received Comcast reception via Wifi because we didn't running wires from the living room box to those two rooms.  The downside, no internet means no TV in those rooms.  Of course it goes down occasionally but our longest internet outage was 3 hours.  

Honored Contributor

I was without internet, TV or phone for three weeks. My house got struck by lightening and it fried all things electonic...what a pita!

Honored Contributor

Each time my computer automatically updates, it goes into slow mode.  

Counter-productive, if you ask me............

Someone told me that Chrome Books don't have that problem.   

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I'm glad you're back online.  I can barely tolerate being without internet for a few hours, let alone 29 days!