Honored Contributor

The laundries were not obligated to tell them anything. The issue is their attorney. Depp was held responsible for the comment his attorney made about Heard because being Depp's representative, he spoke for Depp. The same applies to Laundrie's attorney/representative. He spoke for the Laundries. If it goes to court and if there is a judgment, the Laundries can sue their attorney.

Valued Contributor

I live not far from where his body was "suppose" to have been found.

Where the water was so high, it made it impossible to look for anything the first time, they say they looked..

Then weeks later, a table, with a notebook containing a confession by Brian is found in the exact same place that they tried to search before.

Now, how is it that the notebook and its written confession stayed intact.

Writing wasn't smooshed , everything was fine? ,

They have and never will explain that...

Brian comes from money and lots of it.

Money can buy you many things, in life.......

Respected Contributor

@pieman, I'm going to venture a guess that Brian, like so many campers before him, learned the value of sealing belongings in waterproof/water resistant wrappings and containers. They have certainly come a long way with these products since my day of ziplock freezer bags.

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

@pieman, I'm going to venture a guess that Brian, like so many campers before him, learned the value of sealing belongings in waterproof/water resistant wrappings and containers. They have certainly come a long way with these products since my day of ziplock freezer bags.

@Etoile308   This is true.  There are dry bags to seal your clothes if you are crossing waterways and the clothes stay perfectly dry.  Camping stores sell them.

@pieman   This issue of the notebook being protected from the rising water was discussed in other threads.  There certainly are much better products today.  Just to let you know.  hth

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@bonnie f wrote:

More very interesting updates on the Brian Laundrie case... I have been hooked on this since the beginning..... and now more details today come out.. his notebook confession and his mom writed a note to him. on the envelope she writes burn this... im hooked on this case!!  when will it end  lol

@bonnie f   It has not been proven that his mother wrote the note and it has not been proven, even if she did, that it contained anything about helping him flee since the note is missing.

Also the timeline-there is nothing to show when the alleged note was written since it was found in the van. 

I do not see this issue as proof of anything his mother or father did to justify charging them with planning to aid in his fleeing from authorities.

Personally the pain Gabby's family is feeling is deep, raw, and unending.

Yet I am not convinced his parents tried to hide him or even move him out of the country.

He killed himself in that area which was not a place one would live forever.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

It ended when they found his body.  That sad saga is over and done.  How do you know what his mother  supposedly "writed"????  

A) if i was Ms. Petito's parents, it would not be over if Laundrie's parents aided and assisted in him alluding arrest. NOPE , not by a long shot. Im so suspicious of his parents and how very strange they acted the whole time and after.

B) Your rudeness trumps a grammar mistake. 

Valued Contributor

@Cakers3  What threads, I must have missed their comments, would like to read them, especially since nothing down here from the officials were ever mentioned.

Did these people who commented live down here, or maybe know officials that worked on the case. I just read and saw in the movie they are making, the notebook was laid out on a table not even smeared, saying he did Gabby a favor by killing her.

Then told whoever finds his mess, clean  it up, as Gabby didn't like people who litter,, Really, trying to put humor into something so sad......

Well thanks for your info on the camping gear.

Have a good weekend.

Honored Contributor

Re: Interesting!!

[ Edited ]

Until proven other wise, i feel his parents most certainly helped him,to run from the fact  ,that he killed Gabby  and helped him hide. 

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

It ended when they found his body.  That sad saga is over and done.  How do you know what his mother  supposedly "writed"????  

It's a typo, which we have all made. She hit the d instead of the s, which would be evidenced in the same sentence when she types "writes." Presence tense.

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@cody2 wrote:

@bonnie f wrote:

More very interesting updates on the Brian Laundrie case... I have been hooked on this since the beginning..... and now more details today come out.. his notebook confession and his mom writed a note to him. on the envelope she writes burn this... im hooked on this case!!  when will it end  lol

@bonnie fcan me tell me where your saw new information on this case? I would like to see it too. I have many questions about how his family covered up for him. And I believe they did from the start. TIA.

@cody2 

His handwritten confession here:

Brian Laundrie's Notebook Revealed, Admits Killing Gabby Petito (tmz.com)

I had trouble reading it, but I'm not buying that she had injured herself and was in horrible pain so he did a mercy killing? Really? I've been in areas that they were in. It's not that far to get to medical help. Ridiculous. I almost wonder if he actually wrote this.