On 10/21/2014 dooBdoo said:
On 10/21/2014 mistriTsquirrel said:
On 10/21/2014 MomOf4 said:

Hi scottie..

This certainly is the most different method I've ever heard of to stop motion sickness. I wonder what the theory is behind it. Like you said, it can't hurt.

It could if you have a furry tummy.

mistri!!!! Hello there! I've missed you so much.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

How are you?

I've missed you too, dooBdoo.

I'm doing better than I was. I'm still kind of in a rut, but I don't feel as depressed as I did over the summer. Unfortunately, I feel like I missed summer, and I don't feel like I'm ready for fall and winter yet. {#emotions_dlg.glare}

How have you been?

Some days I'm the pigeon, other days I'm the statue . . .{#emotions_dlg.scared}{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Still working on one day at a time here, I've been really, really sad lately. Thanks for asking.

I'm sorry you're not tip-top, but glad there's been improvement. Please don't stay away so long. You've been missed by so many of us. We need you to keep us on our toes, and to put a smile on our face.

Well, I can't say I've been good at putting a smile on people's faces lately...more like p***ing a lot of people off on YouTube...but you know me...I just return the favor when people act like...let's say...jerks.

Any reason in particular you've been feeling really down? I know I was feeling awful at the end of August...just thinking about how everything started to unravel around that time last year...

Hah!{#emotions_dlg.laugh} You can lob a juicy return when needed, but there's nothing wrong with defending yourself. I've been trying to do a bit more of that myself, but not always successfully or as respectfully as I'd like. That's not good.

I've been really falling back into some pretty deep grief again, and I've also been dealing with a fair amount of physical pain. It's complicated. I don't want to take Scottie's thread 'way O/T, but maybe we can talk more on another thread. I do hope you'll be here more often because you're so valuable to us, but I know sometimes we all find it's best to step away a wee bit.

MistriTsquirrel and dooBdoo, you don't know it but you two are two of my favorite posters! I'm sure you are bright spots in many other posters' day also. I'm sorry that you both have been feeling on the low side lately. I have sort of followed what you both have been going through.

Try to keep busy, MistriTsquirrel and get plenty of exercise...even if it is just walking...and maybe wear headphones with your favorite music on it. Please let us enjoy your posts more often They are always fun and interesting! Smile

dooBdoo, please take care. Grief is so complicated the way it hits you. I know you went through a lot a year or so back. They say that time heals all wounds, but sometimes I wonder. I lost my only brother this summer, followed two weeks later by my 17 y.o. cat. The grief is actually hitting me worse now. I think people are numb when the loss occurs. Keep busy, and keep posting!

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Honored Contributor

Re: Interesting home remedy for motion sickness

On 10/22/2014 Madisson said:

<em>mistri</em>!!!! Hello there! I've missed you so much.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

How are you?

I'm doing better than I was. I'm still kind of in a rut, but I don't feel as depressed as I did over the summer. Unfortunately, I feel like I missed summer, and I don't feel like I'm ready for fall and winter yet. {#emotions_dlg.glare}

How have you been?

Some days I'm the pigeon, other days I'm the statue . . .{#emotions_dlg.scared}{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Still working on one day at a time here, I've been really, really sad lately. Thanks for asking.

I'm sorry you're not tip-top, but glad there's been improvement. Please don't stay away so long. You've been missed by so many of us. We need you to keep us on our toes, and to put a smile on our face.

Well, I can't say I've been good at putting a smile on people's faces lately...more like p***ing a lot of people off on YouTube...but you know me...I just return the favor when people act like...let's say...jerks.

Any reason in particular you've been feeling really down? I know I was feeling awful at the end of August...just thinking about how everything started to unravel around that time last year...

Hah!{#emotions_dlg.laugh} You can lob a juicy return when needed, but there's nothing wrong with defending yourself. I've been trying to do a bit more of that myself, but not always successfully or as respectfully as I'd like. That's not good.

I've been really falling back into some pretty deep grief again, and I've also been dealing with a fair amount of physical pain. It's complicated. I don't want to take Scottie's thread 'way O/T, but maybe we can talk more on another thread. I do hope you'll be here more often because you're so valuable to us, but I know sometimes we all find it's best to step away a wee bit.

MistriTsquirrel and dooBdoo, you don't know it but you two are two of my favorite posters! I'm sure you are bright spots in many other posters' day also. I'm sorry that you both have been feeling on the low side lately. I have sort of followed what you both have been going through.

Try to keep busy, MistriTsquirrel and get plenty of exercise...even if it is just walking...and maybe wear headphones with your favorite music on it. Please let us enjoy your posts more often They are always fun and interesting! Smile

dooBdoo, please take care. Grief is so complicated the way it hits you. I know you went through a lot a year or so back. They say that time heals all wounds, but sometimes I wonder. I lost my only brother this summer, followed two weeks later by my 17 y.o. cat. The grief is actually hitting me worse now. I think people are numb when the loss occurs. Keep busy, and keep posting!

Madisson, your post brought me to tears. I remember your thread about the loss of your dear kitty just after your brother passed away. You've been in my prayers. Grief does come in waves, the heart breaks and it never seems to mend, to work properly after that. I don't know if you're aware, but there's a long-standing thread called Delayed grief.... in Health & Fitness in which many of us have shared and supported one another. It's still open, and I think I probably need to revisit it and perhaps post more there -- hope you will, too, dear lady. I know this has been such a difficult time for you, and I wish I could help.

I've had a problem with deep depression for years and it seems to be growing much worse now that my sweetheart's no longer here by my side. There's this enormous emptiness that overwhelms. That, and physical pain, are overshadowing everything else more and more. I'll post more later in the thread mistri started in Health & Fitness (Depression) and I hope we'll see here there, too.

I've been thinking about it. I'd so love to see all of us take a step back and remember there's a real human being on the other side of the nickname. And sometimes they're hurting in ways we never could've imagined. I know I've been guilty of forgetting that, being too judgmental or harsh. Wish I could do better. I keep stumbling pretty badly, probably should post here less.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

mistri's one of my favorites, here, too, as are you. We have so many bright, compassionate, perceptive posters. I feel lucky to be a part of the community, the small part of it that I am. Thanks, again, Madisson. You're a delight and I hope to post with you again.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Sorry to go so far O/T, Scottie.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

On 10/22/2014 dooBdoo said:
On 10/22/2014 Madisson said:

<em>mistri</em>!!!! Hello there! I've missed you so much.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

How are you?

How have you been?

Madisson, your post brought me to tears. I remember your thread about the loss of your dear kitty just after your brother passed away. You've been in my prayers. Grief does come in waves, the heart breaks and it never seems to mend, to work properly after that. I don't know if you're aware, but there's a long-standing thread called Delayed grief.... in Health & Fitness in which many of us have shared and supported one another. It's still open, and I think I probably need to revisit it and perhaps post more there -- hope you will, too, dear lady. I know this has been such a difficult time for you, and I wish I could help.

I've had a problem with deep depression for years and it seems to be growing much worse now that my sweetheart's no longer here by my side. There's this enormous emptiness that overwhelms. That, and physical pain, are overshadowing everything else more and more. I'll post more later in the thread mistri started in Health & Fitness (Depression) and I hope we'll see here there, too.

I've been thinking about it. I'd so love to see all of us take a step back and remember there's a real human being on the other side of the nickname. And sometimes they're hurting in ways we never could've imagined. I know I've been guilty of forgetting that, being too judgmental or harsh. Wish I could do better. I keep stumbling pretty badly, probably should post here less.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

mistri's one of my favorites, here, too, as are you. We have so many bright, compassionate, perceptive posters. I feel lucky to be a part of the community, the small part of it that I am. Thanks, again, Madisson. You're a delight and I hope to post with you again.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Sorry to go so far O/T, Scottie.

dooBdoo, thank you for mentioning mistri's delayed grief thread! I will definitely check it out. I know the emptiness that you are talking about. I am sorry you are experiencing physical pain. I am a chronic pain sufferer also. I don't want to hijack Scottie's thread, so I will look forward to seeing you over at the Health & Fitness area! Smile

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Honored Contributor

I'm so glad you saw my post, (((Madisson))). Thanks, again, and I'll see you on the other threads. Take good care of yourself. You deserve it.Smile

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!

But

As a child, I followed some very odd-sounding instructions my grandmother gave me to get rid of a wart on my hand. I did what she said, the wart went away & I've never had another wart. Many years later, when I told her about that, she laughed so hard & then told me she was just pulling my leg.

So, the lesson here is that if you believe it strongly enough, it'll probably work{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Contributor

I've heard that if you place an aspirin between your knees and hold it there, it prevents pregnancy too.

Respected Contributor

On 10/23/2014 VCamp2748 said:

But

As a child, I followed some very odd-sounding instructions my grandmother gave me to get rid of a wart on my hand. I did what she said, the wart went away & I've never had another wart. Many years later, when I told her about that, she laughed so hard & then told me she was just pulling my leg.

So, the lesson here is that if you believe it strongly enough, it'll probably work{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I know what you diiid. Nya nya nya!!! hahahah!

I heard of the same remedy!

Respected Contributor

On 10/23/2014 srick tx said:

I've heard that if you place an aspirin between your knees and hold it there, it prevents pregnancy too.

See! Aspirin, the miracle drug.

Respected Contributor

On 10/23/2014 scotttie said:
On 10/23/2014 VCamp2748 said:

<em>But</em>

I know what you diiid. Nya nya nya!!! hahahah!

I heard of the same remedy!

Betcha don't since she gave me 2 sets of instructions, one of which was specific to where she was living at the time & that's the technique I used. I don't entirely remember the other option, except that it had something to do with sneaking a dishcloth out of the kitchen without anyone seeing me. I just don't remember what came next.