Honored Contributor

I just tried it recently and it's fantastic. In my life situation now it's the absolute best thing. I forgot something in my Peapod order and one thing was out of stock. So it was the perfect opportunity to try Instacart. Same day delivery, two hours later they were there.

Monday I needed some ice melt, so I ordered the paw safe kind from Petco. Where I live only a few stores are available. Whole Foods and Stop and Shop and another local grocery. And Petco.

It's like an Uber for goods. Delivered by regular cars and you rate the drivers. You can tip them or not via the site or app. Only recently available in the burbs where I live.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Okay, this is too weird. I was just considering Instacart yesterday, and just this very minute I was reading an email they sent me.

Glad to know that it's helping you out, @Greeneyedlady21

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 Unfortunately they don't deliver handbags. That's actually a very good thing.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@suzyQ3 Unfortunately they don't deliver handbags. That's actually a very good thing.

Indeed it is because you should stay monogamous for at least a few days, @Greeneyedlady21.

Still reeling from a post I just read. Sometimes I just have to smack my own head.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I  tried them twice last summer.  It was just a test to what the experience was like.  I have Primenow and Peapod and local grocery store delivers; so, I'm all set.  I hated Instacart.  Both times, I about 6 items and it was a nightmare.  The shopper kept texting me with question after question.  I didn't order anything exotic or hard to find.  I did get everything I ordered both times and the driver arrived promptly but with all the texts, it would have been easier to jump in the car go to the store myself.  I deleted that app, I won't be using it again. 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I  tried them twice last summer.  It was just a test to what the experience was like.  I have Primenow and Peapod and local grocery store delivers; so, I'm all set.  I hated Instacart.  Both times, I about 6 items and it was a nightmare.  The shopper kept texting me with question after question.  I didn't order anything exotic or hard to find.  I did get everything I ordered both times and the driver arrived promptly but with all the texts, it would have been easier to jump in the car go to the store myself.  I deleted that app, I won't be using it again. 

@chrystaltree- I’d wondered about that. 

I’m one of those people who really doesn’t mind grocery shopping, but, I can certainly see a need for it if you were sick and alone, surgery, etc. 

But I don’t want to spend all that time in front of the computer looking through hundreds of items to find the ones I want. And I don’t want to be bombarded with texts. And, if you buy produce or meat, I like to pick out my own. 

So, as you said, for normal every day, it’s just easier to get in the car and go do my own shopping. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@chrystaltree- I’d wondered about that. 

I’m one of those people who really doesn’t mind grocery shopping, but, I can certainly see a need for it if you were sick and alone, surgery, etc. 

But I don’t want to spend all that time in front of the computer looking through hundreds of items to find the ones I want. And I don’t want to be bombarded with texts. And, if you buy produce or meat, I like to pick out my own. 

So, as you said, for normal every day, it’s just easier to get in the car and go do my own shopping. 

I actually hate grocery shopping and I've been using Peapod for years.  It's also a big time saver for me.  But you made me smile.  You don't go through hundreds of items...lol  Why would you think that?  The sites are very sophisticated, user friendly and quick.  Otherwise....no one would use them.  I've embraced shopping for all things online.  

Respected Contributor

I just used them tonight for the very first time since I am sick.  They charge $149/year for membership, but I got a 14 day free trial membership.  They got all of my items right except for one but I can return it to Publix any time.  They did get here within the 2 hour window, so I just went ahead and tipped the delivery person.  Now to decide whether to keep using them or not.