Esteemed Contributor

@betteb wrote:

@kittymomNC wrote:

@betteb wrote:

@kittymomNC wrote:

@betteb wrote:

How old is it Kittymom? The one I got is brand new, I'ts about the size of a fairly large clock radio and it's very, very quiet.

I know they've got more choices now... but they told me if I wanted to try something else I'd have to have another sleep study.  And I'm not ready for that! 

You need a new one. This one actually starts out at a low pressure and senses when you fall asleep and gradually increase the pressure up to whatever your number is.

I don't know if anything will work unless I find something to clear my nose at night... I need to talk to my dr about a new steroid nasal spray and see if that would help.  I have a bone spur on the septum on one side and that's part of the problem.  Oh well...   

Oh gosh, no nose spray will help a bone spur, but have you tried Breathe Right Strips? They physically hold the nose open.

Not trying to be pushy, but untreated sleep apnea is hard on your heart. I wouldn't feel like I was a very good friend if I didn't share that with you. Smiley Happy

You're certainly not being pushy! LOL... I do know that it makes the heart work much harder.  My brother had a heart attack at age 60 and had quadruple bypass surgery - he's doing well now at age 77, but he has true sleep apnea and hasn't used the CPAP in no telling how many years.  But apparently his doctor is telling him now he needs to give it another try.  There is early heart disease in my family - my dad died at age 56 of a heart attack (I may have posted that somewhere).  I see a cardiologist once a year for other reasons, and he says I'm doing fine, but I know it would be better for me to use the machine.  I don't think I sleep much on my back and as long as I stay on my side, it apparently doesn't happen nearly as much.  But I may need to seriously consider getting "wired up" again!

Good night betteb... and thanks again for this thread! 

Trusted Contributor

@kittymomNC wrote:

@betteb wrote:

@kittymomNC wrote:

@betteb wrote:

How old is it Kittymom? The one I got is brand new, I'ts about the size of a fairly large clock radio and it's very, very quiet.

I know they've got more choices now... but they told me if I wanted to try something else I'd have to have another sleep study.  And I'm not ready for that! 

You need a new one. This one actually starts out at a low pressure and senses when you fall asleep and gradually increase the pressure up to whatever your number is.

I don't know if anything will work unless I find something to clear my nose at night... I need to talk to my dr about a new steroid nasal spray and see if that would help.  I have a bone spur on the septum on one side and that's part of the problem.  Oh well...   

So sorry you are having this problem along with those who have sleep disorders and must use the popular CPAP.I certainly assume you use humidifiers every time you sleep, and many keep them running 24 hours in their bedrooms to inure a good saturation of moisture in the air. (If you use one 24-hours, be sure to keep the unit clean with fresh water as mold and spores can become a problem if you aren't diligent. This would surely add to your problems.)Some people who don't have equipment will even keep a couple of containers filled with water in the room. You can disguise this by using pretty pots or floral containers if you like or just get creative ! Have you tried a good steam shower beforebed just to open you up a bit and get you off to a good start? Sorry about the septum, only surgery to repair that will stop that trouble. I'm sure you have been told not to eat or drink dairy products before bed because they can induce breathing problems, especially if you are a mouth breather.( And if you don't use a CPAP.) Also, have you tried elevating the head of your bed a little to keep your sinus and nasal passages able to drain and promote good air flow ? Yes, there are very good steroid and non-steroid nasal sprays available by prescription that should help a great deal. Find the one that works best for you.

I hope some of these ideas can help you if you aren't yet using them. Disturbed and/or poor sleep 

is a difficult and destructive problem which certainly reflects on all other aspects of daily living.

I hope you can find some relief and feel better.   Heart

Trusted Contributor

@kittymomNC wrote:

Ladies of the Insomniacs Club, it's been great, but my Missie is going to make sure I'm awake by 8:30 and that's only a few hours away.  I think maybe she still misses my little Baby Cat and doesn't understand why she's not in the kitchen in the morning.  She comes in and gets on the bed, then goes back in the kitchen and sits there and cries until I get up and get in there.  Baby Cat was always sitting on the bar in the morning waiting for me... guess I better stop talking about that now or I'll be crying like a baby... 

So good night all.. hope you get some sleep.  I'll be interested to see what time the last post is on this thread when I check it out in the morning! 

@kittymomNC wrote:

Ladies of the Insomniacs Club, it's been great, but my Missie is going to make sure I'm awake by 8:30 and that's only a few hours away.  I think maybe she still misses my little Baby Cat and doesn't understand why she's not in the kitchen in the morning.  She comes in and gets on the bed, then goes back in the kitchen and sits there and cries until I get up and get in there.  Baby Cat was always sitting on the bar in the morning waiting for me... guess I better stop talking about that now or I'll be crying like a baby... 

So good night all.. hope you get some sleep.  I'll be interested to see what time the last post is on this thread when I check it out in the morning! 

Kittymom,

Your story here makes me want to cry also. Missie sounds like a little baby doll, wish you could share a picture. You are so important to her and she depends on you for company and care. That is love.

Hope you got a bit of good sleep before awakened !  Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

Upstairs it was 89 degrees when we went to bed at 8PM last night( Friday). I tossed and turned untill 11:30 PM and got up. I have been up doing thing now for almost 4 hours...

was watching QVC until Susan Graver came on with Alberti and she was SO WIRED UP talking and chatting and yaking... I had to turn her OFF. SG is interesting.....

. I plan to go outside at day break here in a hour or two and work in the yard while it is cool enough. Suppose to be mid 90's again today...  try to take a nap here mid morning later.... It really mixes up your day when you get up so darn early!!

Trusted Contributor

Good Morning kittymn and friends!

It's 6:35 a.m. and I'm still wandering around my favorite "haunts" doing things on the web !

Attemped to nap for about 4 minutes because I suddenly felt guilty and thought I should, but I was so wide awake it was impossible ! lol ! so I'm back on line while all are still sleeping. I don't want to do things that are noisier so as not to bother them. Besides I have my fun when they are sleeping! My day is such that if I must nap it will be fine !

All of you have a really nice Saturday !    Heart

Trusted Contributor

@June2 wrote:

Upstairs it was 89 degrees when we went to bed at 8PM last night( Friday). I tossed and turned untill 11:30 PM and got up. I have been up doing thing now for almost 4 hours...

was watching QVC until Susan Graver came on with Alberti and she was SO WIRED UP talking and chatting and yaking... I had to turn her OFF. SG is interesting.....

. I plan to go outside at day break here in a hour or two and work in the yard while it is cool enough. Suppose to be mid 90's again today...  try to take a nap here mid morning later.... It really mixes up your day when you get up so darn early!!

WOW ! My heart goes out to you. Reading this reminded me of my childhood as I grew up with no A/C until I was in my very late teens. (And I had to share a double bed !!)

So I know well how you must have felt between 8:00pm and midnight. I never slept well all through school except in the winter. Like you, I would get up and accomplish more in about 4 hours before it got hot than most of the rest of the days. I sympathize.

Yes, Susan and her incessant talking, sometimes I wonder what vitamins she takes ?? Alberti is a doll with his calm demeanor as if she didn't get on his last nerve at all! Bless him !

Have a good nap today !  Heart