Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Nothing

I use DuckDuckGo & Bing.  I rarely use Google because it stalks tracks you around the net.

@Mz iMac   When I bought this computer, it came with a few sites already installed....one of which was Google.   Well, when I went into my bank account, I saw the banner   "Bank of ****** brought to you by Google" I nearly had a heart attack......and uninstalled Google immediately.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

My car locked up and I couldn’t turn the ignition.  I Googled the problem and was able to get it to unlock so I could drive home; otherwise, I would have been stranded. 

Honored Contributor

@FlyersGirl wrote:

@QVCkitty1 Google is my friend. I use it multiple times daily.

Monday, the toilet seat in my master bath broke while I was cleaning it. Ordered a new one from Wallmart and it arrived next day. I tried to get the broken one off and could not as one of the screws was stripped. Googled for help and found multiple ways to remove it, many with videos. I tried the easiest suggestion first and it worked. God bless whoever invented 10W40. Woman Happy

Also a little mad at myself for not thinking of that in the first place LOL.

@FlyersGirl , don’t beat yourself up, I once tried to remove a license plate, and couldn’t remove the screws. WD 40 is a miracle worker !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1  Thanks indoor kitty! I was so mad at myself I didn't call it by the correct name! WD40.  Off to Google "what is wrong with me today?"  Cat LOL

Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

I've gotten many propper spellings, definitions, recipe substitutions, recipies, and learned fastinating info about different subjects, especially on Wikipedia, and found pictures of certain things I was looking up.

😂😮

Honored Contributor

I also do it a lot for spellings and definitions.

One other thing I do frequently, due to the fact that I have trouble remembering words now, is that I will type in 'Thesaurus' - then a sort of short  definiton of the word I seek and I can't remember a time it didn't come up with the word I sought.

Valued Contributor

My granddaughters put a hole in a screen in their play room.  Googled how to remove it and put it back in. Took it to hardware store for repair.  Also have googled how to clean my double hung windows.  

Helen852
Respected Contributor

I had three gold chains that were hopelessly twisted together. I found an easy way to untangle them. 

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Nothing

I use DuckDuckGo & Bing.  I rarely use Google because it stalks tracks you around the net.

@Mz iMac 

Me too.

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Nothing

I actually laughed when I read this because if you are on the Internet you are being “tracked” by whatever site you are on.