Honored Contributor

I’ve been wearing contacts since the 70’s . The other day I couldn’t remove one of them and I got extremely frustrated. My IPad was sitting there so I googled my problem, and it said to rub my eyelid and it would put it in place. Well it worked, and that got me wondering what small, but extremely useful info have you received from Google ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

DEFINITIONS at my fingertips.....love being able to find something in an instant.....whether it is a legitimate word or a slang term.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Facts at my fingertips.  Woman Wink

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

I've gotten many propper spellings, definitions, recipe substitutions, recipies, and learned fastinating info about different subjects, especially on Wikipedia, and found pictures of certain things I was looking up.

Honored Contributor

Nothing

I use DuckDuckGo & Bing.  I rarely use Google because it stalks tracks you around the net.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Info from Google

[ Edited ]

My Son inadvertently turned his dash lights down to nothing and we googled where the control to change this was (on Prius V it's to left of steering wheel).  If it hadn't been that it probably was in electrical system but we got lucky with Google.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I've gotten many propper spellings, definitions, recipe substitutions, recipies, and learned fastinating info about different subjects, especially on Wikipedia, and found pictures of certain things I was looking up.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 Google is my friend. I use it multiple times daily.

Monday, the toilet seat in my master bath broke while I was cleaning it. Ordered a new one from Wallmart and it arrived next day. I tried to get the broken one off and could not as one of the screws was stripped. Googled for help and found multiple ways to remove it, many with videos. I tried the easiest suggestion first and it worked. God bless whoever invented 10W40. Woman Happy

Also a little mad at myself for not thinking of that in the first place LOL.

Honored Contributor

The ability to find out just about anything under the sun with the click of a few keys still amazes me, as I grew up and graduated college with none of this technology in use, and I remember how hard it used to be to find answers to things, and how much digging it could take (and always a trip to at least one library or other place with reference materials on the subject you were searching). 

My best friend and I worked together, and we'd get into discussions, often about old time actors or entertainers, and one of us would say " I think he'd dead" and the other would say, "no, I don't think so" and we'd drive ourselves nuts wondering if so and so was still alive or not! LOL Now answers to such thing are just seconds away.

The other great practical application was in raising my son. Kids ask lots of questions and back in the day, moms needed to be walking encyclopedias (or have a set on hand! LOL). By the time he was about 8 we finally got internet, and it was so much easier to answer a lot of his questions in depth, and give many subjects a much deeper discussion than we would have otherwise been able to do.

Now it's easy to find just about anything you want. It has changed life so dramatically, for those of us that remember a time before it's existence and use everyday 

Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@JaneMarple   Man LOLWoman LOLMan LOLWoman LOL

Laura loves cats!