Respected Contributor

Re: Inconsiderate neighbors, do you have one?

@SharkE 

Yes, they were county detectives with credentials. 

I guess cases sometimes take quite a while. I agree with

good security systems, tall fences , water features to mask 

noise, etc., etc.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Retired, he may be allowed to have target practice at his home, but doing it at midnight would be disturbing the peace.

Honored Contributor

I expect to see some of ya'll on future episodes of the ID show "Fear Thy Neighbor,"  especially the OP who originally started this thread. whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

@SharkE 

Yes, they were county detectives with credentials. 

I guess cases sometimes take quite a while. I agree with

good security systems, tall fences , water features to mask 

noise, etc., etc.

ear plugs and ear muffs.

Trusted Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@alarmclock wrote:

People just hate HOA's but this is when having one is a good thing.

@alarmclock 

HOA's don't dictate these types of things here in my area, the shooting especially.

City, county or state ordinances govern those issues and we don't even have an HOA where I live in the county (thankfully!).

Our HOA dictates everything!  They really think they run the show.  The people that send out letters, etc. are just office people that are prohibited from living here!

The target practice rules around here go by the size of your property.  One side of this place is more "country" than the other sides.  If their lot is big enough, they can fire guns any time.  

If a zombie apocalypse happens, I know where to run.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac   I'm not afraid of him but I'm not going to p*ss him off either.  I don't think he would intentionally harm us but I can see him doubling shooting time if he thought we complained. He doesn't dislike us and will  come over and talk to DH if he's outside. I just want him to do his thing at a normal time  of day.

Honored Contributor

Yes, next door, but we have no problems as big as you describe....they are young, pretty lazy and do as little as possible to keep their yard looking nice.

They rarely trim or rake leaves and the place looks unkept, which it is.  We live in a subdivision, the house are faily close together.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Where I live people would not be able to do what your neighbor was doing at that hour of the night, we have ordinances, but living in the country is probably different, I feel your pain and people can be very inconsiderate.

Trusted Contributor

he now knows better then to try  anything again.  he isa jerk .  i have it taken care of.  they will never ever get my property.   i have it in my will that the property can never ever be sold to them or any other member oftheir family

Respected Contributor

@SharkE I will be checking out those ear plugs ....they may be the answer for the buzz saw that sleeps next to me. 🤣

Honored Contributor

@Reva In our small town, if you call the police for a barking dog, they will send a police man to the home and have a talk with the neighbors....we have had to do just that, a neighbor put their dog out and then left!!  The dog barked constantly for hours, we had had enough let alone the poor dog...it never happened again.