Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I have tried to follow this but I am not sure we know what horrible thing the neighbor did do we?

@I am still oxox   We do.  The OP returned and told us that their neighbor placed an "enormous metal building" in their yard up against the OP's fence which is all that she could see when in her backyard.  

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I have tried to follow this but I am not sure we know what horrible thing the neighbor did do we?

The neighbor put up a big metal shed (there's a name for them, but I can't think of it now) in their back yard.  It abutts the neighbors property line.  So when she goes out to her back yard/pool, she has this rather large (going by her description) structure to look at. 

It's like a garage, but not finished like a home (brick or siding).  Think airplane hanger or quonset hut.  Metal.  Probably a drab grey.  Whatever.

They are very *stark*, industrial looking.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Inconsiderate Neighbors

[ Edited ]

Why post just to vent if you don't expect others to weigh in?  Just start journaling your vents and don't involve others.

Honored Contributor

Re: Inconsiderate Neighbors

[ Edited ]

@haddon9 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote: 

@I am still oxox   We do.  The OP returned and told us that their neighbor placed an "enormous metal building" in their yard up against the OP's fence which is all that she could see when in her backyard.  

And the neighbor has had to look at OP's fence up against their property so that's ok??

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Why post just to vent if you don't expect others to weigh in?  Just start journaling your vents and don't involve others.

ere unless you - just use a journal to get it out

She has my permission to *journal* here. : )

Honored Contributor

In our area you wouldn’t be allowed to put a structure so close to the property line. It has to be a certain distance away. Although with a big metal structure, I guess you would see it no matter how far away.

Trusted Contributor

Now that we know what it is it sounds like something that would stop bothering you after a while, you'd just get used to it. But if it is that troubling I'd just put a pretty tall trellis over there and get some ivy or morning glory and voila. I mean if you were actualy just looking to buy this place and you loved it would it stop you from purchasing? It probably wont stop anyone else either.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

In our area you wouldn’t be allowed to put a structure so close to the property line. It has to be a certain distance away. Although with a big metal structure, I guess you would see it no matter how far away.

That's how it is where we live.  

Who knows how big it really is.  It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Honored Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

Now that we know what it is it sounds like something that would stop bothering you after a while, you'd just get used to it. But if it is that troubling I'd just put a pretty tall trellis over there and get some ivy or morning glory and voila. I mean if you were actualy just looking to buy this place and you loved it would it stop you from purchasing? It probably wont stop anyone else either.

@pigletsmom   I strongly disagree!  If I were looking in the OP's neighborhood and walked through her house if it were for sale that "enormous metal building" that probably looks like a gray metal airplane hanger would stop me cold....remember the lots are only 1/4 acre which means the backyard is smaller than that.  Your yard would literally be up against it!

Respected Contributor

One of our local lake areas has had quite a heated discussion regarding tents and campers on property, even  Grandchildren camping. It was decided to limit to 8 days, no RVs, owners must be present and no tents at resorts and no view of the lake. Still in discussion at Town meetings. There is underlying  disention amoung town officials and a lack of order at meetings to add to the problem.