Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

I do not understand all the "feeling the pain" sympathy for the OP.

She's been asked what this neighbor did and did not answer.

It could be a MYOB issue such as not liking the neighbor's new landscaping.

Is it somethng serious that will affect the OPs life (doubt it) or is it something the OP just doesn't like just for the sake of not liking whatever this neighbor did.

Odd how various bad neighbor threads pop up around the same time.

@Cakers3 

Please feel free to read my reply on further down. And, please note, I did not ask for your sympathy or understanding.  I very plainly expressed disappointment in a choice my long time neighbor made and wanted to vent.  

I find it  "odd" why you even bothered to comment.  You certainly had no particular experience to add as others have. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I live in a small townhouse community.  A couple of months ago, my next door neighbor painted his little front "stoop", the stairs, and the lead sidewalk a Williamsburg Blue!!!!!!!!!  We have a HA and they wrote him.  However, as luck would have it, he then went out of the country for a couple of months.  Now that he's finally back, I sure hope they'll pursue getting him to remove the paint.  Talk about tacky!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Krimpette   What some people think is beautiful can be an eyesore to others who sadly have to live with it.  Perhaps it would be a good idea to remind your HOA about his blue walk and stoop.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma I feel your pain and I am so sorry.  We have lived next to idiots like this.  And some of them do it just to be horses' behinds too!  That's the worst.

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

This is right up there with, the person that should have been happy, to do a poster a favor. We never were told what the favor was, orwhy she should be happy about it

@cherry ...I remember that one too.  We respond to a thread and we were not told what the issue was we were responding to, weird.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Re: Inconsiderate Neighbors

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Georgiagrama If you aren't going to say what they did, why bother to even bring it up?

ANOTHER unanswered post. What's the point of bringing it up if you won't elaborate? Very odd.

@Love my grandkids 

I didn't say what happened in my original post because I wasn't expecting or asking for advice. I was not aware I needed to "tell all" to vent.   What is done is done.  I merely wanted to vent as I was disappointed in this long time and much loved neighbor.  However, if you read the complete thread, I did answer another , poster.   I don't post very often, but if I have no experience to share, I don't answer a post that isn't asking for advice or a shared experience.  When I am asking for advice, I usually make myself perfectly clear.  I, personally find it "odd" when posters feel they need to jump in with an unrelated comment.  

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

And another posting that goes unanswered.

@Group 5 minus 1  I was not aware that I was obligated to elaborate to vent. I'm not asking for advice or sympathy.  However, if you would like to know the gory details, I mention them in this very thread.  

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I wonder if the OP's neighbor did something truly egregious like paint their mailbox red.

@QueenDanceALot  If you are really all that curious, just read the thread. 

Respected Contributor

@Georgiagrama 

I wish to vent about your original post AND the successive ones lecturing, chastizing and being generally inconsiderate to those asking for more information about what you deem "INCONSIDERATE" about your neighbors. 

But, I guess you just wanted to "vent" and let us imagine if they introduced barnyard animals...or a nudist colony...or a nuclear reactor within your aforementioned 1/4 acre.  (I could go on, as I'm insomniatic AND sarcastic, if you hadn't noticed.)

Ironic that I gave up after the first few pages when you declined to elaborate upon your displeasure, but noticed you finally replied.  Only to find you instructing others to "read the entire thread" where you FINALLY described your "vent".

Alas, a large building/shed.  <shrug>  Easily corrected.  Either neighbors received a valid permit/permission to erect it...or they didn't.

However, this will require a bit more effort than "venting" on a message board.  Check with the city/township/whatever

Another little hint: tell your full story in the OP so you won't be offended by those of us asking what IS the problem...unless you enjoy 9+ pages?

Denise
Honored Contributor

@denisemb 

Very well stated.   If someone is going to go to the trouble of posting a thread about an annoying situation, don't give only half the facts.   That's even more annoying!

Respected Contributor

Post seems incomplete. Is there a paragraph missing that explains what the neighbor did?