Esteemed Contributor

Re: In reference to Cecil the lion (your opinion)

@Alley Catvocate wrote:

I do not eat meat, wear leather, fur, etc...

That being said, ABSOLUTELY..

EVERYBODY is entitled to their opinion...

Eating what is killed vs. following a wounded animal for 40 hrs 

to SKIN and take "trophy head" are RIDICULOUS comparisons IMHO!

BTW, Ted Nugent is an arse .. and kids really should stop listening to his diatribe...

***********************************************************************************

Bravo.gif 

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

I don't eat meat, poutry, fish or cheese processed with calf stomachs, but I'm not against people who do eat these things.

I have a hard time with animals that are treated poorly.  From dairy cows to outside dogs.

The killing of the lion is very sad and I know that many are enraged to the point of wanting the dentist to be killed.  That is senseless to me.

Although I do feel very strongly against the parents of the boys lost at sea.  That was more senseless, could have been prevented. 

Honored Contributor

So, @SydneyH and @raven-blackbird - it seems you have not noticed all the discussions and links to petitions, and to foundations that are using stunning technology to halt poaching, and other discussions that we've been having.  Not to mention the current links to news stories.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@Alley Catvocate wrote:

Sydney...WRONG! Those guys are already being held accountable...

Once he is extradited I will stop talking.

Nobody is trying to silence you, I just call it like I see it.  Is anyone tweeting the addressess of the guide team?  Is the practice of big game hunting going to stop, unlikely.  Will the US allow him to be extradited, unlikely.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. The US has had an extradition treaty with Zimbabwe for several years.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

And the petition to extradite him that was filed at the White House surpassed the 100,000 needed for review.   His case is being looked at now.

Valued Contributor

Sydney, my point is that people ARE NOT giving the guides a "pass"..

(((BetteB)))

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

So, @SydneyH and @raven-blackbird - it seems you have not noticed all the discussions and links to petitions, and to foundations that are using stunning technology to halt poaching, and other discussions that we've been having.  Not to mention the current links to news stories.  

I've seen them, it won't make a dent in that age old tradition over there, again IMO.  You know OP asked for our opinion, I don't get the hostility.........

Esteemed Contributor

Alley Catvocateblow-a-kiss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Honored Contributor

No hostility.  My post pointed out that whatever you're basing your opinion on perhaps has no basis except "same-old, same-old" and I believe we have surpassed "same-old, same-old."

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

I've seen them, it won't make a dent in that age old tradition over there, again IMO.  You know OP asked for our opinion, I don't get the hostility.........

In this case, the age old tradition was illegal.  It was a protected lion, not fair game.  A law was broken and the lawbreaker was an American export.  

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices