Honored Contributor

@Desertdi   Thanks for the warning but the smoke has been here a couple of weeks.  There have been times when it's so bad, I can't see 10,300ft Sandia Crest across the valley.  They've been warning people with respiratory problems to stay inside.  If the heat doesn't get you, the air will. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Probably not, with the exception if they were landing on roofs or the dry woods nearby. I worry when things are so dry in July and people shoot of illegal fireworks.

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

I would and I have.  

@mspatmac On the fourth of July?  Nah.  UNLESS it was very dry in the area and it was back in the day when all roofs were wood.  

Then, yes I might for rockets, but for roman candals or firecrackers?  Probably not. 

Esteemed Contributor

As long as I knew for certain where they were coming from, you betcha I would call.  I wish the police would offer this in my city.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Re: In Local News Today...

[ Edited ]

I live in an area where there are a lot of illegal aerial fireworks set off.  I had a dog that was terrorized by the noise but even worse, an Afghan war vet neighbor that suffers from PTSD needed to be hospitalized because of the fireworks.

You bet I would not only report the violators, I'd do my best to video the activity to be used against them.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

In a California second!

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Absoulutely. I have done it before and would again.

They are illegal here. We are in a red flag situation and in a high fire area.

Re the smoke. The dyson air filter fan gizmo really works. It really helped us with the fires and smoke last year. We sent one to a friend at Santa Cruz last year and they were so relieved. I sent the tiny one to my son at Tahoe. He said even that one helped with their smoke.----No, I don't work for dyson, but those thingees really work.!