Honored Contributor

Important Warning about Instacart you should read.

[ Edited ]

Hello Everyone. I wanted to warn you about something that went on with Instcart's website today.

I placed many items that were clearly marked as TWO FOR ONE on Instacart's site into my shopping cart. I didn't notice anything when checking over my order in the cart before pressing to submit. Then, it happened. I realized that I had bought two Tillamook Medium Cheddar blocks at the TFO pricing, but on my in cart order list, I was charged for two at the regular price...DOUBLE. OK, I went back into the page the cheese was on and I saw I was not wrong. The charge was incorrect. Then I noticed the same thing happened for Grey Poupon. It was supposed to be TFO. Yes it was on the page but not in my cart. Then I realized that every single TFO I bought was charging me double. Actually, many items from these makers were on TFO and all were being charged double; Tillamook Cheeses, Grey Poupon, Breyers Ice Cream, Land O'Lakes Butter, Reddi Whip large size. There were many other TFO items and ALL are still showing up double price. Be careful.

There's much more to the story because it went on for hours. Much more happened besides the pricing issue but I don't want to bore you with the rest of the fiasco. I have contacted Publix and Instacart to help myself and other shoppers and I received my order and I will be charged correctly but as of last hour the pricing on Instacart was still doubled for TFO, so check before you check out.

😊Please, I don't need any help being told who to call or how to solve the problem. I'm just posting to prevent anyone else this hassle. 

I did not use the Instacart App or the Publix App to shop. I access Publix via the web and once on their site I access Instacart by selecting that I want delivery. I'm in South Florida. Your experience might be different in a different location or when using the apps. Just watch your cart. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Important Warning about Instacart you should read.

Thank you @Mindy D 

Honored Contributor

I've  read so many horror stories about Instantcart, I'm surprised anyone still uses it.  Apparently you have to be hyper aware of what they're doing or you get cheated.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I shared my Instacart story here a while back but I have been forced to use them twice as I could not get out due to illness of both my husband and myself.  I only bought what I needed and did not order a whole week or month's supply of groceries.  I did call Instacart and report my issues.  I don't need all that when I have all this to care about at home but I had to take care of it, just as you did.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

I shared my Instacart story here a while back but I have been forced to use them twice as I could not get out due to illness of both my husband and myself.  I only bought what I needed and did not order a whole week or month's supply of groceries.  I did call Instacart and report my issues.  I don't need all that when I have all this to care about at home but I had to take care of it, just as you did.

@Nonametoday @I have to use them too. They were more problems than what I posted about. My isssues went on for hours. 

Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D 

That sounds so frustrating but I am glad you got it corrected.   

Honored Contributor

Can't  you use a different service like Shipt?  Shipt has good reviews.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the warning.  Wow, Publix had a lot of two-for-one sales.  Here, we call them BOGO, buy-one-get-one.

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry you had this problem. I'm unsure about going to the market site and then finding that delivery is done by Instacart. I just don't know which one prevails. Instacart occasionally has discounts of its own but does not follow the discounts or rewards deals from supermarkets.

Interestingly for us, we have returned to Instacart after having so many problems ( all which were taken care of, but still). But now we are seeing a definite improvement. All five of your deliveries have been excellent. I hope that it is not just dumb luck.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I'm sorry you had this problem. I'm unsure about going to the market site and then finding that delivery is done by Instacart. I just don't know which one prevails. Instacart occasionally has discounts of its own but does not follow the discounts or rewards deals from supermarkets.

Interestingly for us, we have returned to Instacart after having so many problems ( all which were taken care of, but still). But now we are seeing a definite improvement. All five of your deliveries have been excellent. I hope that it is not just dumb luck.

@suzyQ3 @I see an improvement with Instacart but this problem is a website issue that needs correction.