Honored Contributor

If you’ve used Instacart

[ Edited ]

You may have received Instacart's email that contains a link to find out what your zip code ordered, what was popular, what wasn't, and more throughout  2021 so far.

Kind of interesting.

Go to their dot com site and add 2021-delivered/ to their basic web address if you're interested and didn't get the email.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you’ve used Instacart

I've used instacart around 7 times - to purchase from Costco - and didn't have great results. On 2 occasions, they added $50 each time - no explanation. When they don't deliver an item or two - they still charge - and I  just lost $18 for an item not delivered. When the delivery guy came to my house a few months ago, I asked for the receipt - and he said he can't give it to me. They're total crooks - and I even complained to a worker at Costco - and he said he doesn't like the company. Never Again!!!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@kivah
On the couple of occasions there has been an error on my order (missing or incorrect item), I submitted a problem report to them from the app on my phone and have received a response with a refund or credit (my choice) within a few hours or less. You need to report it to get a refund. It’s a simple process.
Honored Contributor

I've used it now over a year.  Most of the time I have no trouble.  I use it weekly.  If there's any trouble, I got to their customer which is excellent.  I've always gotten a credit.  The only strange thing that every happened, when my shopper on his way to me for delivery got involved in a car crash.  He broke his wrist but got someone to deliver my food!  It was amazing.  Anyway, I love the service.  There are other services too, like Shipped, etc.  I haven't tried that service.  

Honored Contributor

I use Instacart once a week.  At the beginning of the pandemic they were overwhelmed and delivery people were inexperienced but it is great now.  

Super Contributor

I've used them many times for groceries and they have always done a great job. If they don't have an item I ordered they send me a text with photo of any avail substitution. I have even forgotten items when ordering and during the shopping process I ask if they would mind adding it to my order and they always do. I think they are polite and quick. I recommend them! Then they deliver right to your door.
Frequent Contributor

Hi!

Used it once..1st time was a good deal..

Choices are not like shopping in store.

Have to be desperate any further.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

You may have received Instacart's email that contains a link to find out what your zip code ordered, what was popular, what wasn't, and more throughout  2021 so far.

Kind of interesting.

Go to their dot com site and add 2021-delivered/ to their basic web address if you're interested and didn't get the email.

@GingerPeach 

I use Instacart for my grocery deliveries and thought that email info was fun and interesting.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bikerbabe wrote:
@kivah
On the couple of occasions there has been an error on my order (missing or incorrect item), I submitted a problem report to them from the app on my phone and have received a response with a refund or credit (my choice) within a few hours or less. You need to report it to get a refund. It’s a simple process.

@bikerbabe and @kivah 

I think I only had 2 messups in the 3 yrs Ive been with Instacart and this was when they first started the busines in our area...I talked to someone on the phone from the number on their website and they took care of the issue "INSTANTLY" (no pun intended) 😉.... And they practically beg for a good review, otherwise Instacart wont use them....(at least thats what the shoppers have told me)....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LillyandHobo wrote:
I've used them many times for groceries and they have always done a great job. If they don't have an item I ordered they send me a text with photo of any avail substitution. I have even forgotten items when ordering and during the shopping process I ask if they would mind adding it to my order and they always do. I think they are polite and quick. I recommend them! Then they deliver right to your door.

@LillyandHobo 

All the shopper/delivery people have been professional, friendly, and do a great job---I always pick a replacement item and if stock isnt available I get a photo in chat asking if I want to select any existing product that's available....

@DesertGems 

As for availablity its been the same as shopping in the store at least in my area....(confirmed by friends and family that do in-store shopping --we've compared experiences). 

In addition to Instacart and Shipt our grocery store chain here, HEB, has their own free curb side or limited size delivery order services(25 item limit)....and my friend uses them, and they've messed up a lot---her latest order was a DISASTER---she got some of her order and some of somebody elses....