Respected Contributor

Washington_Crossing_the_Delaware_by_Emanuel_Leutze,_MMA-NYC,_1851.jpg

. . . we can do this.

cartoon-female-and-male-social-distancing-vector-1024x576.jpg

Can't we?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: If they could do this . . .

That is such an over simplistic view of what we are dealing with. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

@noodleann   I think back to very early on during this pandemic and an elderly lady was interviewed and she couldn't understand why people couldn't avoid the massive party crowds when they were being asked to stay home for the sake of everyone's safety.  She mentioned that the youth in her day were asked to sacrifice and go to war, and today, some of the young adults being asked to help control the virus couldn't even stay home on the couch. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

I surely agree that we have to look back into history to appreciate how small our sacrifices are compared to those who made our continued freedom possible.  I personally love history.  You cannot be grounded fully until you know, my humble opinion.

I watched “Saving Private Ryan” a few months ago.  Said to be an especially revealing picture of war.  It was horrible and left DH and I shaken.  It does put things into perspective for me.  

Esteemed Contributor

Another day...another lecture.  

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

You would think, @noodleann. Apparently a lot of folks have a different mentality now. I get the feeling we are dealing with a lot of spoiled brats. 

Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Another day...another lecture.  

Exactly CrazyDaisy!  Good grief, how many threads day after day after day do we need telling us all we need to wear masks?  

Esteemed Contributor

I think many of us want to post our feelings and evolving information about this pandemic.  Try to think of it as acts of caring, as folks look at a worsening situation.  I do.  And if it offends you, a simple solution.  Avoid reading.  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

We've been in this thing for about 8 months and it's obvious that only a vaccine will stop this disease. I now believe this virus just has to make its way through the population until there is herd immunity. Even areas that have social distanced and masked well are having outbreaks so obviously these two practices alone won't eradicate the virus.

Honored Contributor

On Veteran's day one of my SO's relatives was bragging about the sacrifices made by members of the family posting pictures of family members who served in WW11, Korean War, Vietnam war and females in the family who volunteered to work in factories during the war and voluntarily gave back their gas coupons for the military but yet she says she is not going to stop living to help curb this virus and help save lives!!!  This is an era of so many selfish people who only want what they want.  While I can understand people wanting their kids not to have the struggles they did but many are not enforcing core values and as a result it appears each generation is creating more and more it's all about me people!!!