Honored Contributor

If a Friend..............................................................................

If a friend rents out something for you to use, for instance a generator, would you pay your friend the same amount of money which a rental company charges?

Honored Contributor

Re: If a Friend..............................................................................

Yes!  

Honored Contributor

Re: If a Friend..............................................................................

If they rent something for you, I'd reimburse them, what they had to pay for you to use it.

Honored Contributor

Absolutely !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

If they rent something for you, I'd reimburse them, what they had to pay for you to use it.

My friend owns the generator.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes.

And if they went and fetched it for me, brought it in, hooked it up, put the gasoline in, fired it up....

I'd put a hot dinner on for them, too.

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

Yes.

And if they went and fetched it for me, brought it in, hooked it up, put the gasoline in, fired it up....

I'd put a hot dinner on for them, too.

He did all of that! Bless his heart. I took him out to lunch and told him he could choose anything on the menu that his heart desired.Woman Happy

Super Contributor

If a friend needed a generator and I had one, I would loan it to you and not charge.  If you're wanting to do something nice as a "thank you" I would get them a gift certificate to their favorite restaurant.

Esteemed Contributor

That's what friends are for!   I think it's a nice gesture to offer to pay but I bet he doesn't take it.  I know my DH wouldn't.  Sweet of you to take him out for lunch too!  Hope you are doing okay since you're in need of a generator!  

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee Up here, a generator is priceless.