Respected Contributor

Re: If We Are All Beautiful The Way We Are

I don't expect words of wisdom from a shopping channel; I expect to hear a sales pitch that changes with the product presented and take it with a grain of salt.

Honored Contributor

I'm not beautiful, I'm not a troll, but I'm realistic and I own a mirror. I like to look as good as I can, so I wear make-up, color my hair and wear tops long enough to cover my mid section. No one makes me do any of these things, they are my choice .  

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I'm not beautiful, I'm not a troll, but I'm realistic and I own a mirror. I like to look as good as I can, so I wear make-up, color my hair and wear tops long enough to cover my mid section. No one makes me do any of these things, they are my choice .  

Stop.  You're not a troll you are YOU and a beautiful individual.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What bothers me the most is the constant "I'm in a XXS or XS" etc. Some hosts/models may be and some are squeezing into a smaller size that doesn't look its best. It could make anyone over those vanity sizes feel inadequate.

Even though I'm petite, fairly good shape, I refuse to show my legs...don't like that they're athethic and always white as snow. It's a pain to self tan and easier to wear pants. I don't own skirts or dresses. That's not because anyone on a shopping channel "made" me make that decision. I know what I feel comfortable wearing. 

We are all beautiful if we gain confidence and not get swayed by TY and magazine images. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus, I don’t watch the clothing shows on QVC.  They rarely offer petites, the models are very tiny (or larger and stuffed into clothing), and I prefer classic styling that is timeless for most of my needs.  I am a bargain shopper and do very well sometimes shopping off-season.  I do wear dresses from time to time, wearing light beige pantyhouse.  Like you, I am very pale. And I wear mostly jeans and slacks.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Why do they (vendors, hosts) keep telling we can cover and hide parts of our body esp if we are eating and drinkIng while out.  I mean come on, if you have to eat so why worry about who is going to see your stomach and waist.  

I think they're talking about comfort. If you've ever had to unbutton the top button of your jeans (personally, I admit nothing!) after eating, that's the issue they're talking about.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

I recall Dr. Joyce Brothers saying that, whether we like it or not, looks do matter.  So, I just try to look my best.  Nothing extreme. tho.

Trusted Contributor

Because of the people who buy things.