Honored Contributor

If We Are All Beautiful The Way We Are

Why do they (vendors, hosts) keep telling we can cover and hide parts of our body esp if we are eating and drinkIng while out.  I mean come on, if you have to eat so why worry about who is going to see your stomach and waist.  

Respected Contributor

Re: If We Are All Beautiful The Way We Are

@rms1954 wrote:

Why do they (vendors, hosts) keep telling we can cover and hide parts of our body esp if we are eating and drinkIng while out.  I mean come on, if you have to eat so why worry about who is going to see your stomach and waist.  

Because they are a shopping channel..

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

I'm not beautiful on the outside, but deception is fruitless.  Guess I'll just be happy with what the good Lord gave me.

Esteemed Contributor

May I risk rebuke for saying the following: Some are more beautiful on the outside than others. We can be beautiful just the way we are on the inside. Then there are those who are blessed with both, like my granddaughter.

Honored Contributor

Because they are size bigots who think every woman over a size 12 has a disgusting body and that we hate our bodies and consider them flawed.  

Honored Contributor

Because I would think we all want to look and feel our best no matter what size or shape we are (even those with a great looking body have areas they don't want to accentuate) it's normal and human nature to want to diminish the look of the flaws!  There's nothing wrong with that!!  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Because they are size bigots who think every woman over a size 12 has a disgusting body and that we hate our bodies and consider them flawed.  

BEST ANSWER !!

Esteemed Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Because I would think we all want to look and feel our best no matter what size or shape we are (even those with a great looking body have areas they don't want to accentuate) it's normal and human nature to want to diminish the look of the flaws!  There's nothing wrong with that!!  

BEST ANSWER!😊

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think it has a thing to do with our size or shape.  

Could it be abdomen's may expand when we are eating.

Mine always does and sometimes I have to adjust my belt, open the button, and/or unzip a bit and I'm not stuffing myself.  I'd rather others not see that.  I can't stand anything tight around my waist.  A few hours later, I can button my pants again.

Honored Contributor

They are trying to convince us that we need to buy something. That is their job and their livelihood.

It seems to be working well.  Woman, and men to a lesser degee,  spend a fortune on items to make us more attractive or beautiful.