Esteemed Contributor

Re: If Money Were No Object.....

Where Andy and Red meet up at the end of Shawshank Redemption Zihuatanejo Mexico.

(they used St. Croix for this last scene) 

Ok seriously I would live right where I'm at and vacation at beautiful places. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Let's pretend there are no wars, there are no enemies and there is no illness.  Rome.  Given that I find other issues in Italy at this time, I would choose Charleston, South Carolina or Asheville, North Carolina.

Respected Contributor

Right where I am. I'd turn the thermostat up a couple of degrees, though.

Respected Contributor

wherever you go, there you are.   

i'm ok right here and right now. 

Respected Contributor

Sante Fe New Mexico.....not too far from town, but with great views and a private pool.

Honored Contributor

A brownstone in Park Slope, Brooklyn so I could be near my son. 

Esteemed Contributor

Right where I am.  I love my city!   But if money were no object, I'd do a total renovation of my house and live in a luxury hotel while the renovation was going on.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Maui

Respected Contributor

Hmmmm...beach front on the Island of Sardinia, beach front in Greece or another vote for Vancouver Canada...

Honored Contributor

Honestly, money is not a factor at all in me choosing to live here on this rural farm in WV; I live here because I belong here.

My dad was around 9 years old when my grandparents bought this 200+ acre farm.  He grew to manhood here, went off to serve in the Army, came back to marry my mom, and live on the farm.   Daddy cut the trees and milled the lumber to build the house I grew up in.   So much of what was done to this property was done after I was of age to remember it.  

This is the world I grew up in, and I love it enough to know there is no other spot on earth where I would be happy.   My body was nourished by the food grown on this land, by the animals we raised and hunted here.  I am part of this farm; I have cleaned farm dirt from under my fingernails, felt it on my bare feet, and hosed it off my shoes.  My grandparents and my dad ARE here, and no one will ever convince me otherwise; I "feel" them here.

If I put a For Sale on my property tomorrow, I feel sure I would have an interested buyer tomorrow.   I know what I have here, and no dollar amount would ever make me as happy as the memories I carry for living here and raising my girls here.