Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,779
Registered: ‎09-06-2010

Re: If California needs water........

On 4/2/2015 NoelSeven said:
On 4/2/2015 ShowMe said:
On 4/2/2015 Lion said:
On 4/2/2015 tansy said

My son said many of the owners of big homes in Montecito are having water trucked in to water their lawns and gardens.

I wonder where the truckers are getting the water.

I just asked that very same question. LOL

Ooops, me too!

OMGosh, this made me laugh out loud....... Guess we want to know, and hope someone can answer our question.......

Contributor
Posts: 58
Registered: ‎03-17-2015

Re: If California needs water........

Just me I guess but I usually think articles with cited sources and their research carry more weight than hearsay on chat boards but then not everybody thinks so, so to each her own as they say.Smile

Contributor
Posts: 58
Registered: ‎03-17-2015

Re: If California needs water........

On 4/2/2015 Cakers1 said:
On 4/2/2015 tansy said:
.

My son said many of the owners of big homes in Montecito are having water trucked in to water their lawns and gardens.

I find that totally irresponsible and outrageous. Wait until there is no more water to drink; and it will happen. Taps have run dry already in some areas; these people who treasure material things over the well-being of others - I can't even begin to register my anger.

If I said what I really think about those people I'd be banned from posting any more.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,329
Registered: ‎01-02-2011

Re: If California needs water........

Google water being trucked into Montecito.

Super Contributor
Posts: 2,916
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: If California needs water........

On 4/2/2015 eloise said:
On 4/2/2015 Cakers1 said:
On 4/2/2015 tansy said:
.

My son said many of the owners of big homes in Montecito are having water trucked in to water their lawns and gardens.

I find that totally irresponsible and outrageous. Wait until there is no more water to drink; and it will happen. Taps have run dry already in some areas; these people who treasure material things over the well-being of others - I can't even begin to register my anger.

If I said what I really think about those people I'd be banned from posting any more.

Hi eloise and welcome to VP!

I hear you - I think anyone who cares about the environment is probably thinking the same as we are.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,953
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: If California needs water........

On 4/2/2015 tansy said:

Google water being trucked into Montecito.


I hate to ask... but what is Google water?

EDIT: Oh, wait... I just got that LOL! The thing is, around here, Google owns everything.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,329
Registered: ‎01-02-2011

Re: If California needs water........

On 4/2/2015 NoelSeven said:
On 4/2/2015 tansy said:

Google water being trucked into Montecito.


I hate to ask... but what is Google water?

LOL...search for ""water being trucked into Montecito"".

Contributor
Posts: 58
Registered: ‎03-17-2015

Re: If California needs water........

Thanks Cakers1. I'm going to google more about this. Outrageous.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,329
Registered: ‎01-02-2011

Re: If California needs water........

I missed your edit, Noel. :-)

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,415
Registered: ‎11-25-2011

Re: If California needs water........

""If California need water......

Reduce livestock production. Eat less meat.