Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ideas For A Gift For Sis's Retirement

@godi  While I would love the mani - pedi idea  but my sister and I are very different in that area.  She is low maintenace. Her hair is kept short and she doesn't color it. Maybe a touch of blush and lip stick. Sitting at a salon for a couple of hours would drive her crazy. lol  When I was working getting my hair done, cut and colored was a frequent thing. Also loved  cothes, make-up, always wore jewelery. We said our DD's got switched. Her oldest is like me,and my DD is like my sister.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it would be lovely to arrive at her work with a beautiful bouquet of artificial flowers wrapped in brown craft paper and tied with a pretty bow.  The idea of a gift card to a craft story would be wonderful tucked into the bouquet.  Take her out to lunch and help her to feel special.  Let her feel that the next chapter of her life will be happy and productive.

Wishing her every happiness in retirement!

Honored Contributor

Lunch on her last day sounds great.  For a gift, I think I'd go with something you can do together.  A day out somewhere.  Is there a memory from something you did in the past together.  Or has she commented on what she plans to do once retired.  I'm thinking in terms of making a memory.

Honored Contributor

Check with her first about these things.  Very often there are a lot of goodbys at work, people want to see you off and wish you well, and she may be surrounded and also they might be taking her to lunch. 

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Comfy lounge outfit to wear while relaxing or painting?

Respected Contributor

A weekend getaway with girlfriends!

Trusted Contributor

A spa day with the works, especially if you joined her and included lunch and champagne.

Honored Contributor

Does she have a hobby or something she's mentioned that she plans to pursue once she's retired?  I'd go that route.