Honored Contributor

Re: Idaho murders. Probable Cause for Arrest Affidavit released. Very detailed.

Very sad, knowing that Kaylee didn't have to be there that night.  

All around a very tragic situation.

Sending heartfelt thoughts to their parents, family, friends, pets.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

If Kaylee was being stalked, which many reports indicated, the stalker may have known she had come back to visit; maybe that's why he chose that night to commit the murders. Hard to know how many intended victims there were...but doesn't matter.l.he killed four people. It has now been a little over two months since this crime happened.,.and it is just as horrific and sad now as it was when it first made the news. 

Respected Contributor

@Moon Child wrote:

@Etoile308 wrote:

While the surviving roommate saw the suspect, that doesn't mean the suspect saw the roommate.

Exactly @Etoile308!   I believe he never saw her (DM).  I think he never intended to kill Xana and Ethan but it was likely Xana who exclaimed "there's someone here" and so suspect swiftly pursued and killed the couple.  If the suspect knew the surviving roommate(s) had noticed him, they would have been murdered as well.

I haven't yet viewed the 20/20 program.  I need to checkout what their experts have to say about it.

@Moon Child  DM said that it sounded like Kaylee that said "there is someone here'.

Frequent Contributor

Yes, thank you, @tiny 2.  I am aware of DM's belief that it was Kaylee.  But I think she may be wrong about that.  I am only speculating that it was Xana who spoke those words upon hearing the murders taking place upstairs. But what do I know?   Their voices may be very distinctly different and unmistakeable. 

It's just that I am thinking that exclamation from Xana would have alerted suspect that she was present and awake, and that is why suspect came downstairs and killed both Xana and Ethan.  

Esteemed Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

@Stray   Aside from BK's three months as a teaching assistant and a report of a parttime security guard job in his hometown school district, I haven't seen any other employment history.

I'm looking for stressors.

-First time living away from home at age 28? And living far away.

-His students complained to the WSU administration about his grading. That's a big one for someone whose only area of success/identity is academia.

-The teaching assistant/full time Ph.D. student schedule can be exhausting. His first time having to work that hard with no one to cook and clean for him?

Plus so much more we don't know. A major change in his life without internal or external support.

@PickyPicky3 - yes, he may have all of those stressors but we really don't know too much about him.  He's been quiet, calm and outwardly composed.  That in itself is a clue.  I'd be outraged if I were charged with a crime I didn't commit, no bail & five months to an initial appearance in court.   Everyone thinks this guy isn't smart but he is & he's challenging the evidence.  I hope everything is solid and there is much more evidence against him than we know & that correct procedures were in place.   

Esteemed Contributor

To say I am surprised that so many want to know more about this alleged murderer, is putting mildly, to what I would really like to say.

I get those that are directly involved working on this case, Prosecutors and Defense, but people at random, giving a ****? Boggles my mind.

I have watched several 1 hour network shows, Cable and OTA, but still know little about the victims in comparison to this  alleged pos. Escapes me, and I have always felt, the more publicity and media about individuals like this! Gets the off kilter wheels turning in some nutcases wanting notoriety, however they get it.

hckynut(john)🥅🏒 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

ITA! I I think twisted people like the suspect like the notoriety or celebrity, however they view it. His photo is splashed on every tabloid, social media headline, and tv show imaginable. Good material for his book.

Honored Contributor

People.com

Two weeks before the slayings of four University of Idaho students  last November, the man now accused of killing them sent a series of messages to one of the victims on Instagram, an investigator familiar with the case tells PEOPLE.

In late October, an account that authorities believe belonged to Brian Kohberger sent a greeting to one of the female victims, the source says. When he didn't get a reply, he sent several more messages to her.

He slid into one of the girls' DMs several times but she didn't respond," the source tells PEOPLE. "Basically, it was just him saying, 'Hey, how are you?' But he did it again and again."

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Honored Contributor

I still think he had encountered one or both of the two 3rd floor girls in town. They both worked at a local cafe, or he seemed to like brew houses and bars.

This guy is smart and knows what he's doing. I think he's playing dumb, asking one of his guards about a suspect, etc.

I think his background all led up to this, and as some experts say his studies just intensified his feelings. And I don't think he committed any other crimes like this. 

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I still think he had encountered one or both of the two 3rd floor girls in town. They both worked at a local cafe, or he seemed to like brew houses and bars.

This guy is smart and knows what he's doing. I think he's playing dumb, asking one of his guards about a suspect, etc.

I think his background all led up to this, and as some experts say his studies just intensified his feelings. And I don't think he committed any other crimes like this. 

@beach-mom, Xana 2nd floor,  and Maddie third floor, both worked as servers at a restaurant named  The Mad Greek.