Honored Contributor

Here, it's cause for great rejoicing since it's been 3 month at least since it's rained at my house.  I'm sure it's just a fast moving thunderstorm, but it sure feels good.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Singin in the Rain!!!!  Great news.

Esteemed Contributor

Love the rain especially to sit on screen porch and hear the tink-tink on the metal roof.  I couldn't live where there's none - but we (here) have to take the snow too.  Enjoy!

Trusted Contributor

Yahoo Kachina...its always a celebration when it rains here in the west...Thundering here but no rain...DW

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Here, it's cause for great rejoicing since it's been 3 month at least since it's rained at my house.  I'm sure it's just a fast moving thunderstorm, but it sure feels good.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!  I so appreciate your saying where you are, i.e. New Mexico.  Most of the folks here who talk about extreme weather, etc. fail to say where they are from, and make the comments far less interesting.  New Mexico really is an enchanting location.  Lucky you!

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624Friends were driving through Gallup, New Mexico yesterday around 2:30p, and they said it was raining!  I love the rain, watching it from a window or while sitting on front porch enjoying a cup of coffee or beverage of choice...love the way the air smells afterwards...enjoy the rain and look for🌈🌈

Honored Contributor

There are many places where people gather at the window to watch it snow but only in the Southwest do they get excited and race to the window to watch rain.

I did discover today that my sweet little sheltie, who I got about the first of April, is nervous about thunder.  He barked at it and got very close to mama.  This was the first thunder since I got him.

@Perkup  One of my pet peeves...people talking about their weather but not mentioning where they are.

@AKgirl2  Yes, I heard Gallup got lucky yesterday with a good rain.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

So, so jealous

Esteemed Contributor

We could use a little rain around here, too.

Honored Contributor

I am in the Pacific Northwest and yesterday was really hot for us, this morning was sunny and I almost watered.  For the past couple of hours it has been pouring.  The lawn got a good drink!