Honored Contributor

It was almost certainly legit. I got one from Amazon for a household purchase I'd made and it took $10 off my next purchase. I've got another one now for 10% off any Amazon Basics item I purchase. They're offering lots of discounts these days with more B&M stores reopening. Amazon Prime Day has been pushed back to September (or so) so they're offering more rewards in the meantime. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

A few weeks back I received an email from "Netflix" about my account asking for updates.  I figured it was a scam but it looked legit, even had the big red N at the top.  Anyways, I went onto my account and it was fine, but I did notify them via email or chat about it.  They gave me an email to forward the bogus email to them. In fact, I got a few more of them from the fake Netflix, but also forwarded them all to the real Netflix.  After that, nothing.  

Helen852
Honored Contributor

@Deree wrote:

Email 101

Do not EVER click on any link or tab in an email no matter how legit it may appear.  You should contact the sender to confirm that this was a legitimate offer sent to you and if so claim it on their website not via your email.  

Besides companies should know about these rampant scams and not send an email requesting that you click on something in the first place.

@Deree 

Boy, do I agree with that!  I hate it when companies make you click on something in their email to activate whatever.  

As you say, that's "Email 101".

Respected Contributor

@Pezzie  Here's a number I used to call Amazon's customer service a while ago.  Don't know if it's still in service, but give it a try.  1-866-216-1072.

Respected Contributor

I also got one from Amazon for $10 toward my next kitchen purchase - I had recently purchased a chopper.  It looked legit.

Honored Contributor
I get stuff like this from Amazon all the time...doubt it is legit; I just delete them.
Trusted Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness wrote:

I also got one from Amazon for $10 toward my next kitchen purchase - I had recently purchased a chopper.  It looked legit.

The email was addressed to DH, which surprised me as I was the one who made the purchase, and he forwarded it to me.  I am assuming email was sent to DH, is because CC used is in his name.

I mentioned to him that some posters received similar emails and that it seemed legit, so he looked and he still had the email in his "trash".

The sender of email reads

Amazon dot com - store news @ amazon dot com

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

@Pezzie  It's a scam!!! Amazon ALWAYS includes your name with their email correspondence. To be sure, go to your Amazon account and check there. Better yet, give Amazon a call. The call center is available once again. Treat it as spam and do NOT click to claim your prize, until you are absolutely sure!😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles   @Pezzie 

If this is an email, it might be  helpful to forward this to their Fraud dept email, after you speak to them.   

When I get Paypal emails that are obviously fraudulent, I always send them to spoof@paypal.com, in case no one else has.  They have a way to disable those websites.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  Excellent suggestion!😉

~~~All we need is LOVE💖