Honored Contributor

Well I got a new IPad yesterday, and I was almost through the set up process and hit a snag . I just couldn’t figure it out, so I called Apple Support. Long story short, sne couldn’t help me , the senior tech couldn’t help and after over an hour if this nonsense, I was ready to cry. In shear frustration I hit a couple of keys, and voila, the screen moved to the next step. There was one more glitch, but I used the old shut it off technique, and success. I got to thinking that every time I have ever called any tech support, I usually fix it myself. This is scary because I’m not at all tech savvy.LOL Anyway I love my new IPad and hopefully I won’t need a new one for a long time.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

@QVCkitty1 I am so glad you figured out how to move forward and get the iPad up and working!  I never have a lot of luck with Customer Service, but have found most things are answered on Google!  LOL Hope you love your iPad as much as I do mine!

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1, good for you!  Keep it up and I bet you will be able to solve most issues yourself.  Google and YouTube are your friends!  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@QVCkitty1, good for you!  Keep it up and I bet you will be able to solve most issues yourself.  Google and YouTube are your friends!  LM

@Lilysmom, thanks, I was really stuck because the stupid thing wouldn’t let me enter my pass code, which it had already accepted. I coulldn’t go back or leave the screen and when I did the shut off, it went right back there. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1, be inquisitive and investigative.  It sticks in your memory better if you try to figure it out yourself.  As you already know, there are great people here to help if you need it!  LM

Esteemed Contributor

When I got my IPad a year ago I too had trouble setting it up.Luckily, my son came home .After a few minutes of fidgeting with it he was able to complete the password set up. I too love my iPad!!

Enjoy!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I have 4 ipads and have never had much trouble with them and if I do, I google it---usually helps. 

Esteemed Contributor

I did the set up with mine over the phone and had no trouble. However The Apple Store near me held tutoring sessions on everything else offered on an IPad. That was an immense help to learn all the things offered on that little machine.