Trusted Contributor

THINK I WILL BUY THE BOOK, SOUNDS LIKE A WINNER. THX FOR SHARING IT W/ ALL OF US INSOMNIAC'S!!! <3

Trusted Contributor

And, I certainly hope you can find some peaceful sleep also. <3 L

Trusted Contributor

I understand about the coffee, we need one for lack of another, right? <3

Trusted Contributor

I really feel for you, I don't know what is the lesser of the two evils......Take Care! <3

Trusted Contributor

I am knocking on wood for you. Your father seems like he was an amazing person, how unfortunate the doctors decided on giving him too many drugs, that really angers me! Take care of yourself. For what it's worth, I miss my father too.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes i have insomnia for 7 years and have tried everything under the sun (except pills I will not take sleeping pills) to no avail. I go to bed at 1 or 2, and I usually don't fall asleep until  5 AM and get up at 11 or 12. Unless I have to go someplace then I have to get up earlier and go with even less sleep. It used to worry me, but now i just sleep from 5 AM to 11 or 12 and that's life. (I don't work anymore) I do get up early Sundays b.c my husband is off Sundays so I really lack sleep Sunday lol. 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Re: INSOMNIA, ANYONE?

[ Edited ]

@Leiloni

So, what have you tried ... or what do you do about it?

If I can't get back to sleep, I stop wasting time "trying" to get back to sleep, which I read about in an article somewhere.   I pick up the book I'm currently reading .....  and start reading.   Sometimes I can only read a couple pages before I'm dozing.  Sometimes it takes 5-6 pages.  Fortunately, it doesn't happen very often.

You have to have a plan.   I think it boils down to .... "whatever you do ..... do something ...... " 

Esteemed Contributor

@Leiloni I heard something very interesting on TV yesterday from a Dr. I began having insomnia last summer. I went to the Dr. three weeks ago for a sinus infection and my blood pressure was high. It's never happened before. The nurse said that not getting enough sleep can cause your blood pressure to go up. Also, I have gained more weight than I ever have and was having no luck cutting down on eating. So, yesterday they were discussing sleep on a TV show I was watching and the Dr. was asked what repercussions does one experience when not getting enough sleep? The first two on the list were "high blood pressure" and "weight gain". What ?! Turns out, when you don't sleep your body produces hormones that cause you to not ever feel full and to be hungry all of the time. My sleep is beginning to return to normal, so I have high hopes of my body recovering. Ouch !!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Valued Contributor

I too have suffered with insomnia until recently. Our hotel in Maui gave us a small bottle of Lavender oil to help us sleep, I thought yea right but I'll give it a whirl. We rub it on our wrist, feet and temples and it works. 

So when we got home we purchased a diffuser and essential lavender oil, my husband and I haven't slept this good in years! In fact he overslept today something he's never done!!!!! 

I also take thyroid medication. 

I hope you'll give it a try Woman Happy 

Esteemed Contributor

@Grand Happy Thank you. I love lavender Heart and use the lavender crystals in my laundry. I also have many lavender plants in my gardens. Can't get enough. I will order some oil, though.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein