Honored Contributor

Get this-I just googled “synthroid causing insomnia” and one of the responses was that synthroid can help some people sleep, while others who take it have more trouble sleeping.

Helpful, huh?

Honored Contributor

I've noticed a correlation between temperature and sleepiness.  I don't know what that specific temperature is but I know it's right when I feel it because I immediately slip into a coma.

I'm like Goldilocks.  It can't be too warm or too cool.  It has to be just right.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Re: INSOMNIA, ANYONE?

[ Edited ]

@tsavorite @dex...here is a short summary of the 21 steps, which will give you an idea of what you need to do.  The book provides many more details about how to do it with specifics, so I really advise reading the book.  It is not a dry read...he has a great sense of humor, and it is easy to read the book quickly, plus he gives you a kind of "workbook" to do if you wish.  I do about all of them except for the strategies that are a little "out there."  You'll know which ones they are.

Honored Contributor

I am a "night person" that had to live in a "morning person" world all through school and working career.  Now that I am retired I am back to my normal rhythm.  I stay up and read until about 11:30.  I turn on the TV and watch HGTV or one of the late night guys.  I get up about 8 am, never nap.  I just don't seem to need anymore sleep.  

Esteemed Contributor

I seem to go days or sometimes weeks waking in the middle of the night and being unable to go back to sleep....

It usually starts with "nature calling" and most nights i can

go back to sleep...but many nights i have laid in bed afterwards and tried to get back to sleep and can't.....i finally realized that laying there is worse...so i get up...watch tv or do some small thing i wanted to get done...sometime make lists of things to do later on, etc. That usually tires me out within a couple hours and then i fall alseep for a couple more hours....so hopefully i will get a chopped up 5-6 hrs of sleep!!

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg thanks so much.Very interesting stuff to think about and implement.I just might need that book.I believe in the contact with the earth part.I remember spending hours on the beach in the sun as a child then exhausted had the best night sleep ever.I also experienced that with my son as a little guy.

Respected Contributor

You are welcome. I don’t watch TV after 8:30 and try not to use my tablet after nine. I go to bed by 10, get up at six, and have limited my caffeine. Plus I make sure that I don’t drink coffee after 8 AM. I do some of the other suggestions, as well. Like I said, my sleep’s not perfect, but it is much better than it was!!!

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg That is such great news that there is hope for some of us if we adopt a few new ideas.I am happy that you are getting better rest.You must feel and look so much healthier.Have a good night!

Trusted Contributor

LOVE YOUR CAT & THE WINK, SOOOO CUTE! <3

Trusted Contributor

SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR ASTHMA, I HAD IT AS A CHILD & IT'S TERRIBLE!