Contributor

I use INNOVA canned. (Specifically, in the red/orange label for Cats/Kittens). It's the ONLY canned food Robbie will eat, my other two aren't as picky. I've been very happy with it, it is more costly then grocery store brands, but is good quality.

INNOVA has been having problems with their dry food - dog/cat and treats. Pulled AGAIN from the store shelves for recalls. This is the THIRD time, according to the Petsmart employee. (3rd in the year? I'm not sure, but he did say 3rd).

I don't use the dry, since Robbie had problems I only give dry for treats, and use Blue Buffalo for that. While I was in Petsmart, checking out with my case of INNOVA canned the other day, the checker said he wanted to pass some info along to me. According to him, Petsmart will probably not be carrying INNOVA in the future. No more shipments are coming in and they will most likely drop the brand due to the recalls. The employee said they're had other brands that they've dropped after just ONE recall, let alone THREE, so the handwriting is on the wall. He suggested I stock up on whatever I can find. Now, I don't know if this means gone totally - closing up the doors for INNOVA. (Though, that could happen). I could try other places, or I've seen it at Amazon. Just not crazy about buying my petfood online, lol. Then there's getting Robbie to eat something else. He'll eat dry food until he can't eat another piece - but that's not an option anymore. I think the checker said SIMPLY DELICIOUS? was very similar to INNOVA in taste/stlye.

Just thought I'd pass this along to anyone who uses the brand. I'm not all that suprised, the newest recall is only months after the last one. A pet food store won't put up with that.