Honored Contributor

Re: IN HONOR OF MOTHER'S DAY......

Marry a rich orphan.  

Honored Contributor

If you can"t say something nice, say nothing at all.
Pride goeth before a fall
Do your best at everything you do
Honored Contributor

"Don't allow anyone to have control over you."

Trusted Contributor

To save part of every paycheck (for a rainy day) and to always trust my instincts.

Honored Contributor

Be Kind!

http://i.pinimg.com/736x/51/43/f9/5143f9fc343af14707f0fed11454f886.jpg

Respected Contributor

I can't recall ever getting advice from Mom, not that I would ever listen to her.  We didn't have a good relationship as we were polar opposites.  I guess I learned to rely on myself and not others.

Honored Contributor

*Marry for money.

*Just as easy to fall for a rich man as it is a poor man.

*Money is a necessity in life; love is not. However, you if you don't respect the person, it will never work. Love can grow out of respect.

*Intelligence and realizing how the world really works is gained with experience. Make your mistakes when you are young because people will forgive you quickly. People don't forgive stupidity when you're older because you should have known better.

*People will turn on you to save themselves. Be able to take care of yourself instead of relying on anyone else. Be careful who you choose to trust/befriend.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

"Forget the Hallmark holidays. They're meaningless. Treat others with kindess and respect everyday."

"Don't do anything that you'd be embarassed by having it reported on the evening news."

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Harvard99 

To be independent and live life on your own terms, not to please others. I have followed this advice my whole adult life and it has made my life happy and very fulfilling.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I had a friend that traveled a lot and I thought it looked like a lot of fun compared to what I was doing.....Don't be jealous of others, is what she said to me.