Contributor

I work at Walmart - May 20 Update

Hi, Thank You for all your support during this Covid-19 trying time.

I took some vacation time last week. It has been so busy and we are being stretched out to work even harder, with other employees taking leave. We are still having our temperature taken when we enter for work at the door. One employee had the virus but he is ok now. Walmart now has a barrel to put in your used gloves, when leaving the store. Also the shopping carts and front end registers are being sanitized all day long.

Some of the employees that we had on leave are not coming back. The store is trying to hire more employees, but people who have been on unemployment benefits don't want a job because they can make more money staying home. A customer told me this. Good for them. I would do the same if I could!

So many customers have food stamps now, and that is why we are so busy.

The garden, fabric, tire center painting and sporting goods departments have been shut down because of the lack of staff. 

One good thing for me is that at the end of June, full-time employees will get $300 and part- time $150 in our paychecks.

This is because we don't get hazard pay I guess.

Stay safe everyone and you are also in my prayers.

Honored Contributor

Re: I work at Walmart - May 20 Update

I find your updates very interesting @Libra2 .  Thank you for posting them.  I'm glad you were able to take some time off last week.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Libra2 

So happy to hear you are well.  We couldn't do without people like you. 

Thanks for the updates.  Thank you.  

Respected Contributor

@Libra2....I am glad to know you are safe and had some much deserved time off.

I think it was a mistake to offer that much for unemployment (the extra $600) because right now, those who are receiving are not wanting to go back to work, just as you have stated.  BUT....and a BIG BUT, ....this will only last until July and they will be scrambling to find a job if they don't get their BUTTS back to work as soon as possible somewhere.  

I am retired, thank you LORD, but if I was in this situation, I would definitely go back to work to have a stable and sure income.  Hope they have a job to go back to or find one.

Esteemed Contributor

God bless you @Libra2  Thank you for showing up and doing a very hard job. I appreciate you. 🙏❤️

Respected Contributor

@Libra2 this is the first time I have seen your updates.  Thank you for going to work and putting yourself at risk.  I know I am not the only one who really appreciates you.  I'll look for future updates now!

Honored Contributor

@Libra2 @Thanks once again for the update.I look forward to them.Happy to hear that you have remained healthy and that the store is taking the precautions necessary to keep everyone as safe as possible.You are a brave person to get out there everyday in the unknown and provide a public service.I hope your time off was a wonderful rest.

Respected Contributor

@Libra2  So happy to hear you’re doing well and will be receiving more money on your paycheck. You surely deserve it and more. Stay safe and one again Thank You 🙏 

Valued Contributor

@Libra2  I have a best friend that is also a Walmart employee. She is exhausted from the amount of work. She is supposed to be part-time, but with call offs and just the amount of work she works full-time hours for now.

My cap is off to you and all the other employees that are out there everyday working not just hard but much harder than they ever thought the job would be. Customers can be a problem at times and you take a lot of abuse you don't have coming. You didn't make the rules, but enforcing them can get you chewed out.

Well wishes to you and your fellow employees.

Valued Contributor

@Libra2 Thank you for going in to work every day. The stay at home people need the go in to work people to survive. I started working for Instacart doing grocery shopping and delivery. I actually own an "essential business", and am busy, but there is a need. 
I refuse to give in to fear. We are not guaranteed safety, especially at the cost of freedom.
I take all of the safety precautions, etc...
I feel for the store workers. I see what you deal with every day.
Thank you. It does not go unnoticed.