Contributor
To me, it is an utterly disgusting thing qvc has done by firing Carolyn and Dan. Sweet friends, we will miss you! Dan, especially at Christmas when you talk about decorating your property. And Carolyn, a woman who is a lot like me BECAUSE of her age. So, qvc may find out by doing this that the older population will stop ordering or watching altogether. They want the younger generation? Personally, I think their bottom line will suffer because of this
Honored Contributor

Young people don't watch Qvc and the boomers are dying off. Who does that leave??

Regular Contributor

Actually, they aren't your friends, they are sales people. Dan and Carolyn will be just fine. I'm even older than Carolyn, but when I was 62 years old I was laid off my job as an administrative assistant, being with the same company 30 years. That employer did me a favor. Even at age 62 I had 4 job offers all at the same time. I just recently retired at age 69 last summer, and I'm finally able to set my own schedule.

I predict QVC will go under one of these days. Young people don't shop here, they shop online at Amazon and other places besides the malls.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Young people don't watch Qvc and the boomers are dying off. Who does that leave??

It seems that younger people aren't buying on QVC. They have families to pay for, home heating bills, gasoline, college for their children, etc. They don't seem to have the discretionary income that those in our age group do. They made a huge mistake.

Esteemed Contributor

@Hmmmmm24 wrote:

Actually, they aren't your friends, they are sales people. Dan and Carolyn will be just fine. I'm even older than Carolyn, but when I was 62 years old I was laid off my job as an administrative assistant, being with the same company 30 years. That employer did me a favor. Even at age 62 I had 4 job offers all at the same time. I just recently retired at age 69 last summer, and I'm finally able to set my own schedule.

I predict QVC will go under one of these days. Young people don't shop here, they shop online at Amazon and other places besides the malls.

Maybe, maybe not. How many former show host that I've been fired actually do well afterward? Ask yourself how many? I can only think of Lisa Robertson (I know she quit) opening her own online boutique. Did she do as well? Who knows. But the rest, have not.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

In addition to boomers being run off by some of the poor decisions being made by this company. Woman Frustrated

Regular Contributor

Re: I will keep my money.

[ Edited ]

@Effie54  I'm sure none of the former hosts are in the welfare lines or in line at the food banks.

Esteemed Contributor

@Hmmmmm24 wrote:

@Effie54  I'm sure none of the former hosts are in the welfare lines or in line at the food banks.

That's not what I said. I said, since they lost their jobs, they certainly did not get the same or equal opportunity like you are suggesting. You're saying they will do just fine. What is the definition of fine? They lost their job, their high paying job. Those who have been fired have not done as well afterward. Period. 

Trusted Contributor

I guess I don't understand. Blaming the company it was a business decision. If the sales aren't there people have to go. 

Occasional Contributor

I'm gone too!  This is ridiculous!  Does QVC sincerely believer that anyone under the age of 40 will purchase Susan Graver?  In regards to their beauty community - hey - I'll head to Sephora and build rewards while I PURCHASE THERE!  Wrong move on QVC's part to push aside these hosts.  They have shown NO LOYALTY and they deserve none in return.