Respected Contributor

Re: I've been gone a few days, and guess what?

[ Edited ]

Hi, shopsonline,  I think you're right. The last reorganization I think was after 2004, maybe 2007?  I don't remember when--what I do remember is how angry people were that there were so many separate new subforums to deal with. One of the Jewelry subforums, originally named "Jewelry Jabber," irritated people so much (the "Jabber" part) that it was soon renamed "Jewelry Talk."

Ultimately, the subforums organized the browsing for people with strong interests in particular products, and I'm glad they have been reinstated.

I'd like to see Ignore back, and a little less white glare off the page.  But I am enjoying the new format.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm grateful for the return of the subfora and when they return two key features I relied on in the last version (My Activity and the ability to post a web image from a URL) I may change my tune about the redesign. Meanwhile despite all the changing of settings and getting with the program regarding tagging and floating topics, I'm not finding much to like.

I don't think anyone believes that this will end the forum or impact the Q's bottom line-that would be pretty naive--but I also don't think they deserve any sort of back-slapping for this platform in general and the rollout in particular. The last time they implemented a major change (2010--remember all the posts were enclosed in giant quote bubbles) to this forum it was clumsy and hamfisted; how they managed not to learn from that mistake is a mystery to me.

I'm perfectly capable of adapting to change; for me it becomes more about "why" than "how".

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

only shops online wrote:
dooBoo, how soon everyone forgets, lol. I've been here since 2006 and I remember one major overhaul of the forums, and then at least a year or more to straighten everything out. Everybody swore they weren't coming back. And now most of us have totally forgotten.

I agree with you. I like some of the changes. Although it still is a little wonky when I use my iPad.

@onlyshopsonline, I didn't find the forums until I registered in 2010, but I've read the stories about the revamp circa 2004.

I've installed new computer systems into large medical centers, and we always saw the initial response to new platfoms get "mixed reviews."  It goes with the territory, although QVC could've (should've) done a more thoughtful, logical, and professional job in designing it to better fit their existing posters' needs and wants.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Hey dBd......they should have consulted you before they changed.......should have put you on the payroll and it would have been done right.  You really are gifted when it comes to computers and what goes on with them.  You know they probably spent a fortune changing this, and hopefully it will end up being all good.......but time will tell.

Honored Contributor

ShowMe wrote:

Hey dBd......they should have consulted you before they changed.......should have put you on the payroll and it would have been done right.  You really are gifted when it comes to computers and what goes on with them.  You know they probably spent a fortune changing this, and hopefully it will end up being all good.......but time will tell.

Thanks for the kind words, @ShowMe!Heart  I don't know if that would've been a good idea.  But I know for a fact that a group of us could have made the end product much better had we been able to test-drive it first.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Regular Contributor

I am not a major poster on this board, so the way it's features work isn't very important to me. I miss the very intelligently written back and forth between posters. I would even add to some of these conversations, but mostly read and learned. The first day I came on the new forum, 4 subjects had been poofed in just the first two pages. Today I looked to see what was being discussed, only to find the same threads hours apart. I feel like the interesting and informative forum has been deleted.

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry to see the frustration. But I can understand it. The forums haven't been updated since 2004 so it's natural to feel major growing pains, and QVC did everyone a huge disservice by launching this platform without first beta testing with seasoned users.

I was really looking forward to new innovations and being able to use my iPad in ways I couldn't before. Had a great optimistic attitude. I'm very disenchanted and wouldn't care if these boards disappeared overnight. I was here before the 2004, change and what we have now is no better than the antiquated system we had then. I can't believe they can call what we got last week an "improvement", with a straight face. I'm thoroughly disgusted and have already begun fading away. I'm definitely not enjoying it.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

As I said on an earlier discussion:  "Gosh, it's just not fun anymore."

Valued Contributor

I'm definitely not a computer wizard, I'm feeling my way in baby steps. I miss some of my "old" friends
Valued Contributor

my post count is 1/2 of what it was. Smiley Happy)