Honored Contributor

Re: I've Decided that You Can't

Posters take offence where none was intended. Some take a difference of opinion personally when different views should be welcomed.

The only posts I find mean are those that label fellow posters and those who make dismissive comments like she must have a miserable life. Uncalled for and rude to post judgements about fellow posters. 

Respected Contributor

I look for the positive posts and I enjoy them.

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Posters take offence where none was intended. Some take a difference of opinion personally when different views should be welcomed.

The only posts I find mean are those that label fellow posters and those who make dismissive comments like she must have a miserable life. Uncalled for and rude to post judgements about fellow posters. 

I agree.  And the posters who jump to those kinds of conclusions are the ones I find hardest to ignore. It's like kids name-calling on the playground.  We're adults, and shouldn't be stooping to that level.  It's hurtful and unnecessary.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@Catiele wrote:

I look for the positive posts and I enjoy them.

@Catiele

Not being long on these boards; I must say I've encountered the nicest, thoughtful, unbiased & inspiring posters.. I've learned quite a few things from reading some of the threads ( even though I didn't comment on them).

The nicest part; I really like, is the fact posters have made me aware of so many other different shopping sites, I never knew about.. Love to shop!!

All in all, there are quite a few posters who are on here frequently & I love reading their honest & sincere input, be it on life, travel, situations, etc.. For this, I so appreciate & value their opinions .. 🙂

Respected Contributor

It's subjective. Often times people have their own opinion and others hear it as mean, nasty, etc. That's life KatieB.

Respected Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

I see lots of nice posts and nice responses here every day, including all the responses you've gotten here.

Don't let a few people who disagree with you derail your day. 

@Alison Wonderland   It's not a matter of someone disagreeing with me as you stated...   I posted this because of a thread I was reading and eventually commented on this afternoon when someone had a question --  I answered the question... 

In reading the entire thread I noticed how some posters turned it into something political instead of the original intent of the post, which had nothing at all to do with politics.  And then some started taking jabs at other posters who had a different opinion.

BTW, I was not the originator of the post.

Respected Contributor

classic

Well said. Sometimes I learn. Other times I laugh. 

Honored Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

I see lots of nice posts and nice responses here every day, including all the responses you've gotten here.

@Alison Wonderland   It's not a matter of someone disagreeing with me as you stated...   I posted this because of a thread I was reading and eventually commented on this afternoon when someone had a question --  I answered the question... 

In reading the entire thread I noticed how some posters turned it into something political instead of the original intent of the post, which had nothing at all to do with politics.  And then some started taking jabs at other posters who had a different opinion.

@KatieB, can you provide a link or a subject line to the thread that prompted this one? Otherwise, the complaint is so vague as to be useless.

I don't mean that to be harsh, but I can't tell you how many times I've read a thread like this one only to then find out that it is just one perspective.

If we can read the other thread, we could then post educated replies rather than the catchall ones about some people are nice and some aren't, etc., etc.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

@KatieB, if you enjoy posting here, please don't let a small handful of people chase you away. Like in real life not everyone is "warm and fuzzy." I don't think they mean to diminish others feelings, and their direct approach to responses is not meant to offend, but just the way they express themselve's.

I can only think of 2 posters I try to avoid. When they come onto a post to reply "yawn" or things like "this subject has been done to death" then I just think they're not someone I care to post with.

We all have posters we like, gravitate to and enjoy posting with. Stick with them and hang around! Best, LuLu
Respected Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@KatieB

Katie, I know which thread you are speaking of as I posted on it as well.  It went off the rails big time due to several nasty comments.

It happens frequently so don't let it bother you.

Hang in there and keep posting!!

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF