Trusted Contributor

Re: I used to love Kohls - now not so much

[ Edited ]

I really don't understand how you can blame Kohl's for your woes.

First, you should keep your receipts for proof of purchase.  Don't blame Kohl's for not keeping track for you.

Second, their Rewards program is just an added extra they offer.  Most stores don't even offer something like this.

Third, the date Kohl's cash is valid is printed right there on the vouchers they give.  

Super Contributor

@maryebrown wrote:
If I go in there, twice a year, that is about my limit ! I used to LOVE my local store but now? NO! And, they keep pushing their CC...NO to that too! The cashiers are pushy...and the salespeople on the floor are beyond obnoxious.

maryebrown, I didn't know you and b shopped at the same Kohl's.  LOL

Occasional Contributor

I like Kohls for specific items, such as Levi jeans for my tall DH and my very tall SIL.  For DH, I need 36 inch inseams, and my SIL takes 38 inch.  Also, they have the longer ties and shirts or tops.  Neither is heavy, so ordering from the Big & Tall shops does not work for them.  Of course, I have to order them online, but it has never been a problem for me.

Also, I tend to decorate king of "blingy" for the holidays, and they currently have the beaded leaves placemats and matching table runners, which I just received.  They were at a reduced price and I was able to use the 30% coupon and free shipping, so I saved a bundle.  At the end of the season the prices are lower, but sometimes they are out of stock.  I also intend to buy the poinsettia beaded placemats and runner with the next 30% coupon if they are available.

I have until the end of this month to use the Kohls Kash, and I will go to the store to see what's available.  I can always use it for my grandkids or something for the house.

A few times I ordered clothing for myself, but was able to return it to the store, so I didn't have to worry about shipping it back.  Now I tend not to order clothing online from there, since it doesn't work for me.

All in all, it has been a good experience for me, especially at holiday time.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

@physicsnut wrote:

@lulu2 wrote:

I'm baffled how there cannot be a record of a credit card sale.

If you try and return something over a year old, the system cannot track it is what I was told at their Customer Service.  Yes, people return things that old (beyond me how someone could or would do this).  Kohl's return policy is beyond generous and unethical people take advantage of this.  Buy things, use it for a year, return it saying it doesn't work, and Kohl's is obligated to return it - either back on your Kohls card if under a year or if you saved the receipt (cough cough) then returned with your form of payment is what was explained to me. 

I would, for a bigger ticket item - a $200+ vacuum cleaner or a top model Keurig for example. If it broke at 18 months I'd expect to get it replaced, or a refund. BBB will give you another Kohl's has to compete.

With all the talk on the  Q boards about   keurig's breaking, I've saved my kohls receipt plus the packaging so I can easily exchange it. In a year and a half it's been exchanged once  already,

Respected Contributor

I have broad shoulders and long arms--Kohls cuts their clothes too often on the skimpy side to fit me well so I don't buy them, but their children's brand wears well and is very cute. I used their coupons on a keurig frother two years ago and more recently on a memory foam pillow. But I hate it when you get to the register after spending time selecting an item and they say it's excluded. I know I should read the fine print first but....I think BBB is still a good place to shop as they honor all their coupons, expired or not.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@deb5555 wrote:

Kohls cash never expires.

My Kohl's store recently refused to honor Kohl's Cash that had expired (there is always a date listed) only days before. I was told they no longer allow it to be used past the expiration date.

Respected Contributor

@Yankee2000 wrote:

@maryebrown wrote:
If I go in there, twice a year, that is about my limit ! I used to LOVE my local store but now? NO! And, they keep pushing their CC...NO to that too! The cashiers are pushy...and the salespeople on the floor are beyond obnoxious.

And who is "b"?  I know of only one poster who anyone refers to as "b" and I haven't seen her on this thread at all-

Respected Contributor

@kdgn wrote:

@Yankee2000 wrote:

@maryebrown wrote:

And who is "b"?  I know of only one poster who anyone refers to as "b" and I haven't seen her on this thread at all-

@kdgn wrote:

@Yankee2000 wrote:

@maryebrown wrote:

yes, maybe Yankee2000 wouldl ike to clarify her drive by statement

My local kohls is fine - it is clean, the salespeople aren't pushy (as you can't find them!! haha) and the lines are tolerable.  I perfer to shop online for many things at kohls - the basics and I love that they have theBalm at Kohls.  I also purchased a few star wars stuff back in september that I could not find elsewhere and they were on sale for the star wars promotion

If I have a coupon, fine.  If I don't, fine.  I use eBates with kohls, so I know I will get some cash back from that.  I do try and get free shipping when i can, because that is more important to me than 10 or 20 percent off.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Super Contributor

@biancardi wrote:

@kdgn wrote:

@Yankee2000 wrote:

@maryebrown wrote:

@kdgn wrote:

@Yankee2000 wrote:

@maryebrown wrote:

yes, maybe Yankee2000 wouldl ike to clarify her drive by statement

My local kohls is fine - it is clean, the salespeople aren't pushy (as you can't find them!! haha) and the lines are tolerable.  I perfer to shop online for many things at kohls - the basics and I love that they have theBalm at Kohls.  I also purchased a few star wars stuff back in september that I could not find elsewhere and they were on sale for the star wars promotion

If I have a coupon, fine.  If I don't, fine.  I use eBates with kohls, so I know I will get some cash back from that.  I do try and get free shipping when i can, because that is more important to me than 10 or 20 percent off.

Don't worry about it, it's not about you....  I was speaking to maryebrown...she knows what I was saying.

Honored Contributor

Obviously not true for my Fiestaware purchase.  I know for sure, Macy's had a Fiestaware sale at the same time, and I also got free shipping from Kohls.

You have to know how to play the game and it's not difficult.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wrote that the customer is "pretty much" getting what the item is worth by the time the sale, Kohl's cash, discounts and mark downs are made.  I'm sure they have bonafide bargains at times and on certain goods and items that can be found elsewhere for a higher price.... There are always exceptions, however based on my own experience there (I do shop there occasionally for certain items and have used their "coupons" and Kohl's cash)....  I do know how to play the game.... but I resent it and won't do it often.

Also.... if I happen to go into Kohls and do see something I want to buy but I don't have Kohl's cash and it's not on sale or discounted,  I feel like I'm being ripped off having to pay their "regular price".  Kind of convoluted feeling that way... but half the time I'll leave it there.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*