Super Contributor

I think my family is in denial.

I don't usually share much in the way of personal health stuff on this thread, but I'm having some issues with my DD and DH. For about three weeks, my knee has been hurting. It hasn't kept me from doing my job. I've been taking a lot of Aleve for pain, and icing when I get home. I have an appointment next Monday to see a orthopedic surgeon. I couldn't get in to see him until then. I'm afraid it means surgery. I shared my thoughts with DH. He said something to the effect..... "you won't need surgery, he'll prescribe some physical therapy for you, etc." Okay, so I let it go. Tonight, while in pain, I told my DD about my knee, and shared my feelings. She said the same darn thing! I'm the one walking around with this very painful knee. Why is it that I'm always the one giving the comfort, while they can't accept the idea that I might actually have some sort of problem? I sit here in tears as I post this. Maybe they can't handle the idea that the mother/wife of THIS family is not always the strong one? I don't know. I'm always there for them when they need me. Why can't they just listen to my concerns, too?