Esteemed Contributor

Re: I think I need an intervention....

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I stopped watching and buying months ago and my savings account shows it.  Pick up a good book, go for a walk - it has to be mind numbing watching that much Q. 

The OP said her purchases were mostly from Amazon.

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I stopped watching and buying months ago and my savings account shows it.  Pick up a good book, go for a walk - it has to be mind numbing watching that much Q. 

The OP did not say she watches QVC.  She said she shops online.  I think you have no idea if she also spends some of her time reading, walking, or doing other activities.  

Honored Contributor

I tend to buy more this time of year and in the fall when the seasons are changing and I'm sick of my old clothes.  Then I don't buy for about six months. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

All my "old stuff" seems to disintegrate at one time.....................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@chrystaltree  I understand because I'm just as bad.  I cannot shop in stores because of a back problem that prevents me from standing more than 5 minutes.  Thank God I live in the cyber age where shopping for even ordinary things is so easy.  I just picked up groceries from Walmart where they did my shopping and I just bring them home and put them away.   I get everything online.  Like you, I often don't remember what's in the packages. 

____________________@Kachina624,

@Kachina624,

I am so sorry to learn that you can not stand more than five minutes when shopping, so I am grateful for your ability, this age to buy on line.

I do quite a lot, also. I do not like to drive long distances, park and then wait for a sales clerk (if there is one) to assist me. 

Being in medical ( a teaching medical instructor), I do understand.

Heart NAES

Honored Contributor

I'm actually able to shop in person and love to do so, but have been through a very busy time and haven't been able to get out and shop as I'd like to.  I'm grateful that I can save some time and have things delivered to my door.  How great would it have been to have had this type of shopping when I was a young mom?!

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree,     If you have the money for your purchases and are not in any financial trouble, then do as you please.  If you are living pay check to pay check then slow down and take a good look at what you are doing.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I'm trying to gather as much as I can for a home we're re-building.

So I'm ordering everything from bathtubs to dinner plates. 

What I do is make sure the order confirmation is correct. Then I put that in a folder.  

But I leave the shipping notice confirmation in my email inbox until the item actually arrives.  Then I put that in the file.

There are many things that have to be ordered online, there is no going to a brick and mortar to purchase.

And if I can get a better deal from an online site, of course I'm taking that option.

Today's delivery was light (Eileen Fisher bedding), but tomorrow, hopefully, will be the Lodge enamalware which will be heavvvvy.

Honored Contributor

I think Amazon would send out a search party if I went more than a week without ordering from them. 

Honored Contributor

I also buy tons from both Amazon & the Q...almost everyday I have packages delivered.  My DH and I buy a lot of everyday items from vitamins to paper goods and everything in between on Amazon.

There are a few other places that I buy from online too...Etsy & sometimes JJill, Talbots & Chicos but I can usually go shopping in person at those stores.  I rarely go to the mall anymore and shopping online is just so much easier!

When I see an article of clothing that I like I know that the Q will offer it in several colors and sizes from xxs all the way up to a 3x.  If I go to a B&M store I won't find the same selection. They might have my size but often in a color that I dislike or something that I like a lot and be out of my size.  Shopping can often be an exercise in frustration!

I often read comments from other posters about how they find bargains in stores but I rarely can find something that I like that fits well and is the right color, fabric & style for me unless I go to one of the stores that I mentioned.  I never find anything at a discount store so I've given up!

I do wish that the Q would combine our orders.  When I buy a few items it can look like a big pile of packages!!