Honored Contributor

Re: I think I need an intervention....

@truffle wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I admit, I do 90% of my shopping online.  Mostly with Amazon, Qvc and Evine with a little Jtv thrown in for good measure.  I generally get 3 or 4 packages a week but today I made some type of record for non Christmas deliveries.  I was jumping up and down to answer the bell all afternoon...lol   I think it's over now.  8 packages in a single day....I don't even know what's in two of them.  Looks like clothing from Qvc and Evine.  I'll open them after dinner. 

@chrystaltreeHope everything fits. Return shipping is a bummer.   LOL

lol The best time to try clothing on is before a meal not after.  

Ha.  But then one may never eat again.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@truffle wrote:

Just think of all the other uses for that money.  You could take a vacation, go to a spa, invest the money or give to charity.    

Don't assume people can't go on vacations because they order a lot online or shop a lot.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think when you can't even remember what is in some of the packages, that might indicate a problem.

But otherwise, as long as you use and enjoy all the things you buy and can afford it, then that shouldn't be a problem.

When I read about people on these forums that aren't able to afford their daily/monthly bills, food, their rent, carry high credit card balances, or are thinking of filing bankruptcy because of all their bills and they keep buying and buying and buying everything from beauty products to clothing to jewelry, that is truly truly a problem. That is an addiction.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

You  know your limits and when to put the brakes on. If your brakes aren't working -- then it's time to get an adjustment. I had been wondering if I online shop too much -- what am I missing 'out there' and do I buy more if online. Recently I thought I'd do more store shopping, since I lost some weight and needed to buy a few basics. Except for my trip to Macy's, I spent a lot of time walking around - in and out - driving from one area to another. I found myself getting impatience so I went back to online shopping.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

I admit, I do 90% of my shopping online.  Mostly with Amazon, Qvc and Evine with a little Jtv thrown in for good measure.  I generally get 3 or 4 packages a week but today I made some type of record for non Christmas deliveries.  I was jumping up and down to answer the bell all afternoon...lol   I think it's over now.  8 packages in a single day....I don't even know what's in two of them.  Looks like clothing from Qvc and Evine.  I'll open them after dinner. 

As long as you actually open all of the packages and wear the clothing...Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree, LOL, don't pay any attention to some of these comments about your spending   .........  if you can afford them, then why not shop!  If you are not putting yourself in debt or spending beyond your means, enjoy, remember it's later than you think, life is short enjoy!  

Sometimes things take too long to deliver, you forget what your order!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ccassaday wrote:

@truffle wrote:

Just think of all the other uses for that money.  You could take a vacation, go to a spa, invest the money or give to charity.    

Don't assume people can't go on vacations because they order a lot online or shop a lot.

@ccassaday, I agree!  I don't want to go to a spa, or on a vacation (afraid of bedbugs), my husband is retired military so I've been to many places in the US as well as overseas!  I give to several charities, and save money, but I also enjoy shopping!Heart

Honored Contributor

Maybe the Op was just kidding, I know sometimes it looks like I'm a crazy shopper, but living in a small town, I order all kinds of things, as many practical as fun.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Yes she was just joking around. I know it looks like I order a ton. But when 100% of your shopping is online it makes it look bad. When you go out to the store you don't seem to notice it. But when the UPS is there so much it makes it look really bad.

Esteemed Contributor

It's no different then going to the mall a few times a month. Or going wherever you get clothes a few times a month. Or going to where you buy your beauty. It's just delivered to your door for convenience. Why is it some people say it is a addiction but going to a mall  a few times a month isn't.